the new petco

dmilne85

Hey everyone i just went into the new petco(just opened monday) and they have a saltwater section!... it looks like it could be nice. when i walked into the store they were acclimating their first shipment of fish. it looked like they had the normal selection of SW fish(clowns,gobies,firefish, foxfish, triggerfish, ect) , nice live rock, feather dusters, and a few rocks with assorted mushrooms. i think this place will be worth the drive out to the mall if it is maintained well.

Cool!

I knew they were coming and hoping for some SW selection. I'm not the biggest supporter of big stores like that but they have their moments for me.

Lets hope they get a few good employees who can keep it up. I've seen a few other Petco's that had SW but had a sad set up due to less than knowledgeable employees.

i went there and they just had the clowns,the best live rock i have gotten thus far was from petco in phoenix.iwent into nicks yesterday it looked great some great brain corals,candy cane nice bubble tip.his cichlids also looked great.

let's hope they don't put inverts in the same system as fish (they are guilty of this in PHX stores, which is not good. However, nice to have another option with good prices!

Assume for the sec. that the fish have disease like ick. The ick drops off the fish and will land on whatever, like rock or inverts, AND it will be in the water. So if you buy a shrimp thinking it is clean and put it in your tank, you may just have introduced ick.

Good stores keep fish and everything else for sale separate.

Back