The Official Pay-It-Forward (PIF) Thread

ajim this is a section to post up items you have not beg for items you need. If you want an item post an in search of post or want to buy post in the main section and see if someone has one to sell.

Free crush coral substrate (25 to 30 lbs aragonite); I got it from a friend's breakdown. It was rinsed and then cycled so it's ready to go. I can also give out small / large portions to seed fuges / tanks if wanted. Please bring a container. If you want all of it a 5G bucket should work.

i have 20 gallons of live sand removed this weekend bring a bucket or 2 and take what u need. text for address 224 650 0560 mike in mchenry.

Lots of long captive Marshall Islands live rock. Some other misc. rock.

Looking to move all the live content of a 400 gal system. Quick(ish)

I want to gauge interest in this, and then I can work out a delivery plan if anyone wants it. I have a couple boxes full of aquarium 'stuff'. Over the years I have raised saltwater, cichlids, discus, wild dwarf bristlenose plecos, fancy goldfish. In this box of junk, I have about 4-5 powerheads (most crusted with pink coral), some air pumps, a couple small heaters, a 25" tall (3" diameter body) protein skimmer (that requires an air pump for flow), some old-school light bulbs. There are about 3-4 dirty hang-on-back filters for small 5-15 gallon tanks (it looks like all the parts are there), some extra filters for a hang-on-back (size?), some old fish food, some Ph test chemicals, a sponge filter, a skinny pipe cleaner brush, various connectors, knick knacks. A mesh divider for a 20gal tall tank. A bunch of small plastic plants for a guppy tank. A lot of dust. All of it is used, and I wouldn't not have kept it if it didn't work. It is free, so I won't guarantee anything works. The filters are dirty! This is basically a handy-man's special. Will require some soaking and elbow grease. I would have jumped on it when I was a under-funded noobie! The price is right.

I want to gauge interest in this, and then I can work out a delivery plan if anyone wants it. I have a couple boxes full of aquarium 'stuff'. Over the years I have raised saltwater, cichlids, discus, wild dwarf bristlenose plecos, fancy goldfish. In this box of junk, I have about 4-5 powerheads (most crusted with pink coral), some air pumps, a couple small heaters, a 25" tall (3" diameter body) protein skimmer (that requires an air pump for flow), some old-school light bulbs. There are about 3-4 dirty hang-on-back filters for small 5-15 gallon tanks (it looks like all the parts are there), some extra filters for a hang-on-back (size?), some old fish food, some Ph test chemicals, a sponge filter, a skinny pipe cleaner brush, various connectors, knick knacks. A mesh divider for a 20gal tall tank. A bunch of small plastic plants for a guppy tank. A lot of dust. All of it is used, and I wouldn't not have kept it if it didn't work. It is free, so I won't guarantee anything works. The filters are dirty! This is basically a handy-man's special. Will require some soaking and elbow grease. I would have jumped on it when I was a under-funded noobie! The price is right.

Ok, along with the bucket of Holey rock and all the stuff listed above:
I found an overflow box. It is NOT the kind with a couple siphon tubes, this is the kind that is a full overflow siphon style, so there is a full 'hood' that goes over the edge of the tank for water flow, not just a couple tubes. It isn't an Octopus brand, but I know they have a similar design.
Shoot me a PM and let me know if you are interested, I can do a drop-off in the Lisle/Downers Grove area.

Ok, along with the bucket of Holey rock and all the stuff listed above:
I found an overflow box. It is NOT the kind with a couple siphon tubes, this is the kind that is a full overflow siphon style, so there is a full 'hood' that goes over the edge of the tank for water flow, not just a couple tubes. It isn't an Octopus brand, but I know they have a similar design.
Shoot me a PM and let me know if you are interested, I can do a drop-off in the Lisle/Downers Grove area.
its most likely a crp overflow box.

its most likely a crp overflow box.

yes, it is that style. I just googled the crp boxes, and it is the same general concept. Mine is unused.

To add to my Handy-Man box of junk, I also have a reflector hood. It is a piece of stainless (?) that is about 30" long, and has a socket for a bulb on one end.

moving

moving

I need some help! I am moving to Missouri and my fish and coral won't make the trip.
:( I need someone that will give them a good home for free. I am in Montgomery Il.
I have ... Blue tang, two clown fish, Midas blenny, Neon Damselfish, 7 line Wrasse, and lots of mushroom coral.
Around 25 lb of live rock. I have had the tank going for three years.
I am keeping the tank to set up in Missouri. Anyone interested can email me at Odell750@yahoo.com or pm me.

yes, it is that style. I just googled the crp boxes, and it is the same general concept. Mine is unused.

To add to my Handy-Man box of junk, I also have a reflector hood. It is a piece of stainless (?) that is about 30" long, and has a socket for a bulb on one end.

This is a stainless hood that I dont need.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3
I need some help! I am moving to Missouri and my fish and coral won't make the trip.
:( I need someone that will give them a good home for free. I am in Montgomery Il.
I have ... Blue tang, two clown fish, Midas blenny, Neon Damselfish, 7 line Wrasse, and lots of mushroom coral.
Around 25 lb of live rock. I have had the tank going for three years.
I am keeping the tank to set up in Missouri. Anyone interested can email me at Odell750@yahoo.com or pm me.
Hi. Sorry to write so late. Did you find anybody for the fish and rocks? I have a 110 gal waitong to be stocked and it would really help me!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Does anybody want a sand sifter star? He was given to me by someone local I bought a clownfish off of. They broke down their tank and those were the last two to go. Further research has me convinced I don't have the right home for him. Hamburg, PA 19526. email is the best way to get a hold of me kec5105@gmail.com

My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone just split in two and i want to give one of them away. I also have 3 Chromis (+/-2") that need a good home. Free! I live in Logan Square near Armitage and Western.

I can't reply to private messages about the anemone and chromis since I don't yet have ten posts - weird rule...

I'll try posting more...

My Rose Bubble Tip Anemone just split in two and i want to give one of them away. I also have 3 Chromis (+/-2") that need a good home. Free! I live in Logan Square near Armitage and Western.

Back