The Official Pay-It-Forward (PIF) Thread

reflector hood 24" long- Downers Grove

reflector hood 24" long- Downers Grove

I'll try my first attempt to upload this photo...I have a 24" long reflector hood. I've never used it. I assume it is aluminum? Very shiny, 24" long, has mounting brackets on the ends. About 9" wide, and about 5" tall. Has a socket for a large light bulb, with a white and black wire coming out to connect it to a longer cord. It is upside down in the photo, obviously.
I suppose you could easily take off the socket and use your own light source. Free to a good home, I just want to give it to someone who appreciates it. One catch, I might give you a box of random other aquarium stuff that you can sort through. Located in Downers Grove.

I also have a bucket with some Texas Holey rock that i will throw in with the reflector hood shown above. Will probably need to be soaked/bleached since it has been sitting in a garage, but there are a few nice size chunks.

Free Sand

Free Sand

I have a full bucket of sand I just removed from my 40 breeder, probably 75-80lbs. Just asking for a replacement 5 gallon bucket. Here is the tank it was in.
sand.jpg

I've got another 250lbs of live sand available now! In process of taking my tank down. Come and get it while it's still live. 3 full 5 gallon buckets worth!

Last edited:
I also have a bucket with some Texas Holey rock that i will throw in with the reflector hood shown above. Will probably need to be soaked/bleached since it has been sitting in a garage, but there are a few nice size chunks.

The reflector hood, box of miscellaneous aquarium stuff, (I know there is a powerhead in that box,) and the 6 gallon bucket with Texas Holey Rock is still up for grabs.

Sorry about no reply to PMs, I'm not able to send PMs becasue I haven't posted enough, but YES I have the reflector hood and the rock, and a box of miscellaneous aquarium stuff I have hoarded over the years.

Anyone have some LR available that they don't need? Also looking to see if anyone still have some live sand to spare. Starting a 40 breeder.

I am looking to get rid of about 20 lbs of assorted Live Rock. It's been in the same aquarium for about 5 years. Nothing new was introduced. I haven't had any pest problems beyond some red algae last year. That is gone, but you can see some reddish stain appearance on some rocks. There are some various tube worm/feather dusters ( very small) and some small amounts of coraline algae. Some is base rock. Some is Caribbean and some is tonga or fiji. I am taking an aquarium down and will sell parts on ebay, but I'd like to get this rock to a good home first. I will give it away. If anyone wants to make an offer, fine, but I am not listing it for sale. Free is fine. I am not sure if UPS will ship this, but I have 2 Styrofoam coolers in cardboard boxes that I can ship it in ... using bags to line the coolers if someone wants to pay the shipping. Pick up is good too or I can meet you somewhere in Central PA if it's within a half hour's drive from maybe ... Hershey, PA. I have not visited this site in 11 years ... to the DAY! What are the odds? ... I'v just been living the life! Let me know if anyone's interested. There is some sand too, maybe 15 or 20 lbs.

Last edited:
Plz read. Need equipment

Plz read. Need equipment

Anyone have a fluval fx 6 canister filter or reef octopus 1000 Hob skimmer for sale in also need live sand live rock heaters and ligets. I just bought new 120 tank and stand. Need help to get the rest. Ty all for reading

Back