The official Weather Maker beta thread

aiko:
Please pm me your log files so i can see if there is a problem thanks.
Jeff:
What software are you talking about?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10471803#post10471803 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeffreylam1132
Would this software anyway, conflict with your program?
Sig,
I think what he means is IF the WM application will mess up the 'program' within the ACx device.

In that case - NO. NOt as far as I have found.
It leaves the set devices on AUTO, and turns them to OFF depending on the settings you choose. It will only touch what you tell it to touch.

One question on the MAC version - how does the IMG path work? I have it set to my desktop - however i don't see a generated image. Just a note on how to set it up correctly, please.

Thanks,

marco

Pardon my ignorance... I have an AC3, I want to simulate the weather in Fiji with cloud cover, harsher water current during storms...
However there should be thresholds, I am assuming there are thresholds for this program? Make sure the temp does not drop below 77 or over 82 (for example).

I have not set up the controller because I bought it for the new tank. So I am unfamiliar with the process in upgrading the firmware.

big400g,

In the preferences for this program, you tell it what to turn to AUTO, ON and/or OFF during different weather events such as SUNNY, MOSTLY SUNNY, OVERCAST, THUNDERSTORM etc.

All the WM application will do is turn the previously set devices to either ON/OFF/AUTO as per your settings.

If you are controlling the temp of your tank via the lights, then I can see what your trying t archive - other than that, I don't see why one would need a temp threshold. If you can explain a reason, i'd like to understand your request for it.

Sig,
this may not be a bad idea, could a theshold make it onto the "feature request" lists?
If temp < 75*F then LT1/LT2/LT3 'auto'
If temp >85*F then wavmkr/LT1/LT2/LT3 'auto'

I do control the temp of my tank with the lights - at least to keep it cool - not to hea it up.
Code:
If Temp  > 84.0      Then LT2 OFF
Max Change 060 M      Then LT2 ON 
If Temp  > 85.0      Then LT3 OFF
Max Change 060 M      Then LT3 ON

I cannot get the URL to work; is there a different site URL to download the beta?

The Weather Maker Setup seems to get stuck after I enter the "City". It just sits there...

I find this very interesting.

Was curious for those that use it does it do a manual on/off change or something else (manual on/off is risky in my mind as it overrides safty progams, and other features... like ramping up lights to simulate the sun rising and setting).

Dave

Back