The Scleractinia Shallows

Took out the better camera last night and I think things turned out alright :) A little under-exposed on the tank shots but you get the idea, things are starting to turn that corner so I feel confident in adding some nicer pieces and stocking up again!

My beautiful baby boy :D who is a bloody pig! They both are, at least they fit in well with the other piggies that pretend to be fish :lol:

I'm particularly pleased with this shot though

And this one of my little cherry!

Shots are great dom and those fish are gorgeous!!

Really looking forward to how the tank is going to look in about 6 months or so... seeing how it's going to develop

Cheers

Shots are great dom and those fish are gorgeous!!

Really looking forward to how the tank is going to look in about 6 months or so... seeing how it's going to develop

Cheers
Thanks Flo :) I'm really looking forward to the next few months as well! :thumbsup:

Did they perish on you? You don't have the fire truck acro anymore?
The one rule of Firetruck club is you don't lose the Firetruck! Lost a couple but definitely not my favourites :)

What is your BFC? Thats Biggles Fish Coefficient. I forgot the formula, I believe Matt knows the formula.

Marty
One less than it was yesterday :( woke up yesterday morning to find my rhomboid on the floor :sad1: I have no idea how he got out as the top (while hideous) is secure.

I think it's fish divided by (gallons divided by 10) lol so 5 fish, 300L or 80g which leads to 5/(80/10) = 0.625 lol. I'll hopefully be adding some more fish over the weekend again. Katherine's fairy if they're still there and maybe some anthias lol

I think I forget the formula!
ShIZZZLE!!! Dom!!
Those fish sometimes they are relentless. They just find a way out.. sorry :(

I think I forget the formula!
ShIZZZLE!!! Dom!!
Those fish sometimes they are relentless. They just find a way out.. sorry :(
I'm pretty sure that's it, I know mine is under 1 lol I might be bumping it to over one as there's a few very nice species of anthias at Deer Park at the moment ;) lol

Yeah, no idea why. I was so confused but we can't win them all. Everyone else is going really strong and I've got the auto-feeder fattening them up twice a day. Once the new AquaForest foods come out I'm going to get a second auto-feeder and have two different mixes of pellets being feed 4 times a day :)

WOW! It's been a long time since I checked in. Glorious is the word that comes to mind. Excellent fish choices and great maturation of the SPS.

WOW! It's been a long time since I checked in. Glorious is the word that comes to mind. Excellent fish choices and great maturation of the SPS.
haha thanks matey :) I'm pretty happy with how and where things are heading :) added another beauty yesterday as well lol Katherine's Fairy Wrasse :inlove:

Good idea, anthis need to be fed a number of times a day

Marty
The fish get at least 3-5 feeds a day as it is lol I think any anthias will fit in well haha

Really sorry to hear about the wrasse jumping Dom, i know how much your fish mean to you buddy :(

Now........

You and i both have very similar themed SPS displays, we both have a bright red coral..................... :twitch:

FTSendofaugust.jpg

36826171472_c7b11a9c40_c.jpg

Just because i don't have a journal doesn't mean i'm not keeping an eye on my good mates tanks........... you have two choices Domster.

1. You bring Georgia over to my place so she can see my acros in person with the plastic jug dripping alk from an airline tube into the sump. You then take her straight home to look at your acros and explain why you needed to buy the calcium reactor, dosers etc - good luck with that. :wavehand:

2. You come over to my place and i'll show you exactly what you will and won't be putting in your water from now on.............. think of it as a biggles acro intervention buddy :thumbsup:

Beautiful c. isosceles! They are such wonderful fish. I'm sorry to hear about your rhomboid, I've had a wrasse jump while feeding the tank and I didn't even see it happen. I actually think it was a rhomboid. Tank is looking great bud

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RCZALWdWt-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Really sorry to hear about the wrasse jumping Dom, i know how much your fish mean to you buddy :(
Thanks, it was a huge bummer finding him on the floor, everyone else is safe and sound though and eating like pigs! :)

Now........

You and i both have very similar themed SPS displays, we both have a bright red coral..................... :twitch:

FTSendofaugust.jpg

36826171472_c7b11a9c40_c.jpg
Wanna guess where I got my inspiration from? :rollface: haha

Just because i don't have a journal doesn't mean i'm not keeping an eye on my good mates tanks........... you have two choices Domster.

1. You bring Georgia over to my place so she can see my acros in person with the plastic jug dripping alk from an airline tube into the sump. You then take her straight home to look at your acros and explain why you needed to buy the calcium reactor, dosers etc - good luck with that. :wavehand:

2. You come over to my place and i'll show you exactly what you will and won't be putting in your water from now on.............. think of it as a biggles acro intervention buddy :thumbsup:
After seeing Sam's shots of your tank, she's already making far too much fun of the tank for my liking, especially as she knows we run our tanks very similarly :( haha

I think option two is going to have to be the option I choose, don't think I could handle Georgia knowing what your tank looks like in person haha. We'll have to organise a catch up soon, I'll send you a message to organise something :)

Beautiful c. isosceles! They are such wonderful fish. I'm sorry to hear about your rhomboid, I've had a wrasse jump while feeding the tank and I didn't even see it happen. I actually think it was a rhomboid. Tank is looking great bud
Thanks Conor, the kind words mean a lot :) I'm absolutely over the moon with how my wrasse collection has expanded in the last two weeks lol been a fun time for the tank aside from losing my rhomboid.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RCZALWdWt-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'm going to buy you so many sand spitting and sleeping wrasse we're going to have to start calling your tank "The Blizzard" :lolspin: :debi: hahaha

So I got the camera and the tripod out tonight after my water change and holy sh!t do the right settings make a difference haha. The tank is still progressing really well, the fish are happy and loving their constant feeding lol and I'm going to start stocking a little more happily and with some more goodies! Alk consumption is starting to increase fairly steadily too which is amazing!! I haven't had this much consumption EVER :dance:
Some tank shots:

Left side:

Right side:

An artistic angle lol:

Left side of the tank, at the door when you walk into the study:

And some zoa shots to annoy a select few :rolleyes:

Back