The Scleractinia Shallows

I leave the forums for a while and all hell breaks loose. Andrew added a big pooper to his tank which is also going to bite all the acropora presciouses :debi:

I'm wondering how that fish affects the BFC? It's the wrong shape!

Not really Flo, Dave said it wasn't much worse than a regal in regards to damaging acros. Time will tell but i added some more angel food that should catch his eye before he starts eyeing off my SPS. :thumbsup:

image.jpg

Only in the sps forum can you get away with posting sacraficial flubber.

I don't want to take up any more of Dom's journal than i already have boys. The angel can chew up and spit out fireworks tips all day long for all i care. :wavehand:

Ok. That butterfly is nice!
Ok.. and so is andrew's angel.
Well, so are the clowns but maroon clowns are meeeeeeeean fish when they start breeding. I wouldn't risk the carnage in a tank your size, Dom.
Not that my opinion means squat!!!
We both did very well on our "reef safe with caution" fish :lol: mine has taken a liking to one of my acans already haha and has reduced the pe through the tank but he can do that all he likes! I will give him a very large leeway!!

Haha I wouldn't say your opinion means squat Matt! Not to me at least! I'm not going to be getting them for the display, just way too aggressive for the pretty wrasse I have! I might think about them for the sump tank though and then their own tank in the future at some point in time :) but noooo to the DT lol

I'm wondering how that fish affects the BFC? It's the wrong shape!

Only in the sps forum can you get away with posting sacraficial flubber.
You should ask him about how the silver monster effects his BFC :lolspin: :blown: a true open ocean species that one :lol2:

I don't want to take up any more of Dom's journal than i already have boys. The angel can chew up and spit out fireworks tips all day long for all i care. :wavehand:
I can't take you anywhere nice!! haha
I'm with you though, the butterfly gets free reign in the tank! You don't wait 5 years for a fish to cry over some spilt polyps lol

Sacrificial flubber.. nice!
When Dom and Andrew get together with the boys at Deer Park to create an Aussie reefing rock band, it’ll be called Sacrificial Flubber.

When Dom and Andrew get together with the boys at Deer Park to create an Aussie reefing rock band, it'll be called Sacrificial Flubber.

I'm glad you pointed out that this whole thing happened because i was with Dom. If it wasn't for Dom, that coral whatever it is, would not be in my display Matt.

' Hey Dom, which one of these things would you go for if you were a majestic angel. '

' Definitely that one ' whilst pointing at the coral i subsequently purchased.

Dom selected the coral, it would still be at Dave's if he hadn't singled it out. Mark bagged it up, Dave took money for it, and i placed it in the display.

I am prepared to accept 25% of the blame and that's it Matt. Being at the end of the chain so to speak, it's more like 10% but i'm not going to split hairs.

Marty, in a word, no...
It’s some sort of flubber killing fish luv fest in the sps forum..
It’s all very odd..

I would expect nothing less from these two, however...

Maybe it’s not friends they need but an intervention..

When Dom and Andrew get together with the boys at Deer Park to create an Aussie reefing rock band, it'll be called Sacrificial Flubber.
I'm down for that! And our band logo can be a flubber skeleton :thumbsup:

I'm glad you pointed out that this whole thing happened because i was with Dom. If it wasn't for Dom, that coral whatever it is, would not be in my display Matt.

' Hey Dom, which one of these things would you go for if you were a majestic angel. '

' Definitely that one ' whilst pointing at the coral i subsequently purchased.

Dom selected the coral, it would still be at Dave's if he hadn't singled it out. Mark bagged it up, Dave took money for it, and i placed it in the display.

I am prepared to accept 25% of the blame and that's it Matt. Being at the end of the chain so to speak, it's more like 10% but i'm not going to split hairs.
I wasn't the one who was going to get rid of all my flubber and bought more though :lolspin:

Well said Matt. But Matt, can you explain to me what the hell is going on here?

Marty.
Marty, in a word, no...
It's some sort of flubber killing fish luv fest in the sps forum..
It's all very odd..

I would expect nothing less from these two, however...

Maybe it's not friends they need but an intervention..
I'd say we've lost the plot but I highly doubt either of us have a plot to lose :fun5: it was a very excitable day at Deer Park while we were there, so excitable that it's the shortest amount of time we've ever been in the store for :lol2:

There are no moose in that picture so I know it's not a Canadian reef club.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Needs moose, maple syrup and mounties :lmao:

Matt, Well said.
"It's some sort of flubber killing fish luv fest in the sps forum..
It's all very odd."

Marty
Some might say it's a little oddish....
a1YPwQY_700b_v1.jpg

Goliath doesn't like an angel checking out his coral........ iphone pic sorry. The crazy colored chalice thing was in no way bought as angel food !

image.jpg

it was......

Goliath doesn't like an angel checking out his coral........ iphone pic sorry. The crazy colored chalice thing was in no way bought as angel food !

image.jpg

it was......
At least he's eating.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

All he has eaten so far is lots of nori and occasional grazing on the rocks. He will only look at mysis so tomorrow i'll get some live brine to get him interested.
He hasn't had a go at any of the corals as yet Brandon.

God, lets hope when they go to Dear Park this week, it won't be titled Hangover 2.

Marty

:lmao:

All he has eaten so far is lots of nori and occasional grazing on the rocks. He will only look at mysis so tomorrow i'll get some live brine to get him interested.
He hasn't had a go at any of the corals as yet Brandon.

Great, a flubber eating angel who refuses to eat flubber...
What kind of flubber carnage are you guys trying to sell, here??
I am not impressed.

image.jpg

it was......
What a fantastic shot!! :D

:lmao:
Great, a flubber eating angel who refuses to eat flubber...
What kind of flubber carnage are you guys trying to sell, here??
I am not impressed.
We are a little strange here, I think it's because we live upside down and all the blood rushes to our heads and keeps up insane :lolspin:

Who needs live brine shrimp when you have Dave....

Soaked nori in AF garlic oil and then shredded it when mushy and soft, into the water like flake. Angel ate all he could get before the other bullyish fish mopped it all up.

Repeated one hour later, angel ate again but this time he flared his fins if any of the anthias got in his way.

Pulverized two mysis cubes into mysis mush and soaked in tank water with nori as well. Removed the nori sheet so just the nori stained water and garlic mysis was left and tipped the lot into the display.
Angel came running and started eating the small bits of mysis, looking for a sec before taking each bit.

An hour later i soaked two more mysis cubes in water with garlic oil and then rinsed in a net and put them into the display. Angel ate all the mysis he could get just like the other fish. :thumbsup:

Back