The Scleractinia Shallows

Do you really have your reactor sit on the carpet besides the tank? What about leaks? Nice corals you guys have in australia, to sad we don't se to much of them here in Germany beside some stupid brown stuff, but mariculture and aquaculture seem to change that in the recent years. Not everybody allows himself the luxury to grow his green acros on the neighbors roof like Biggles... :spin3:

you really have to stop taking pics after shaking your stones....... :p

Wicked deal on the reactor, get those hose fittings off and get some John Guest on there to really make it the part.

Looking forward to seeing your tank take off growth wise now, cal reactor will make a noticeable difference I think :)
Hey, it was actually the dust from the media not me shaking the stones this time :lol:

Yeah, I still can't believe but I'm so amped that I have one running finally, got the pH set to ~6.9 and the alk tested at 9.7dKH (oops) last night so I need to sort that out lol I've taken the doser offline to see if I had it dosing too much and I'll just go from there, I'll test again tonight and see what needs to happen!

I can't wait either! Should be some happy times to come :D lol

Nice Dom. Once it's dialed in, you'll love it.
I love it already haha I've always, always wanted one so finally having one I'm absolutely stoked! And a Geo too!

Do you really have your reactor sit on the carpet besides the tank? What about leaks? Nice corals you guys have in australia, to sad we don't se to much of them here in Germany beside some stupid brown stuff, but mariculture and aquaculture seem to change that in the recent years. Not everybody allows himself the luxury to grow his green acros on the neighbors roof like Biggles... :spin3:
Yep, straight on the carpet haha I like to live dangerously lol unfortunately I don't really have many other options for it so that's where it lives at the moment. I do check all the connections twice a day for leaks and drips.
There's a few more companies here doing culturing of various types so hopefully you get to see more soon!!

Everything is looking wonderful bud! Everything but that screen top :spin2:
Thanks mate, means a lot coming from you :) I'm finally sick of the screen top so it might be this weekends task along with some cable management lol

Thanks mate, means a lot coming from you :) I'm finally sick of the screen top so it might be this weekends task along with some cable management lol
I'm an electrician in the real world and love making my work look great but cable management on my tanks I loath. Good luck with all that jazz.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm an electrician in the real world and love making my work look great but cable management on my tanks I loath. Good luck with all that jazz.

haha I can understand where you're coming from! When I say cable management I mean tuck all the cables out of the way so there's mess everywhere else but not directly in front of the sump lol it'll still be messy! I am thinking of moving the bottom power board to the other side now that I don't necessarily need the dosing containers :)

Okay so alk is up to 10.9dKH lol so we know the reactor works a treat at 6.9pH haha. I've turned the pH to 8 so it's stops melting and I'll leave it till the alk is back to 7.5dKH then slowly sort it out haha

Definitely happy though :D

Alk is back under 9 and things are cheering up a little :) water change done tonight with aquaforest probiotic salt which I love!

Damn mate, that's looking better. I can see the whole display is looking fresher and healthier - acros look brighter than they have for ages :)

Wow Dom,
Your tank seems to have dialed in and those acros are looking sweet, I love the design, you have a killer collection of zoas too :)

Damn mate, that's looking better. I can see the whole display is looking fresher and healthier - acros look brighter than they have for ages :)
It's looking the best it's looked since starting and it's the cleanest looking tank I've had since starting this hobby now that there's no bryopsis and 95% of the bubble algae is dead :D I'm really happy with it and have a couple of new additions that Dave is holding that I'm looking forward to adding!

Wow Dom,
Your tank seems to have dialed in and those acros are looking sweet, I love the design, you have a killer collection of zoas too :)
Thanks Perry :D Still a whiles to go but I'm in love with the tank and how it's looking finally! I have my maintenance routine set in stone and it's really helping!
I'm hoping to add a few more special ones soon too, don't tell Andrew I'm getting more flubber though :lol:

Your tank has really turned a corner! Is there anything you can point to and say that's what did it for your tank?

It better be amazing flubber or some exotic wrasse!

Alk is back under 9 and things are cheering up a little :) water change done tonight with aquaforest probiotic salt which I love!

Beautiful shot Dom! Really dig the angle and the clam in the other pic is looking rather big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your tank has really turned a corner! Is there anything you can point to and say that's what did it for your tank?

It better be amazing flubber or some exotic wrasse!

Yeah, it's gone back around the corner again with my alk dilemma lol but the alk was at 8.2dKH last night and I'm hoping it's below 8 tonight so I can slowly start the reactor back up as I'm going away for a week next week lol

It's wrasse :lol: a paracheilinus lineopunctatus and cirrhilabrus sp. the species hasn't been given yet ;) Sounds like bagma wrasse :lol:

Beautiful shot Dom! Really dig the angle and the clam in the other pic is looking rather big.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate :) I was actually sitting next to the tank down there fiddling with the skimmer and looked and the tank and thought "I have to get a shot" lol. I always knew she was big but since you mentioned that I went and had a proper look and she's bloody massive! lol I love her to bits though!

Love this shot, Dom!
Tank is looking great!
Thanks Matt, we're nearly there!

How is the tank going Dom, still on the right track i hope mate. :)

Pifey and i were wondering if you had any blue face angel babies big enough to show us a pic ? :thumbsup:

How is the tank going Dom, still on the right track i hope mate. :)

Pifey and i were wondering if you had any blue face angel babies big enough to show us a pic ? :thumbsup:
Still alive :) lol definitely still on the right track, there was a bit of cyano when I got back but a bit of love this week will sort that out :) Going to do a couple of water changes this week and get back on top of AF dosing as the tank was cold turkey while I was away last week. We had a nice trip up to Noosa in Qld though ;)

Unfortunately no pictures of any blue faced angels that I'm not breeding :lol: I may be organising something else very special in the coming months though.... and yes, it's wrasse related :lol2:

Still alive :) lol definitely still on the right track, there was a bit of cyano when I got back but a bit of love this week will sort that out :) Going to do a couple of water changes this week and get back on top of AF dosing as the tank was cold turkey while I was away last week. We had a nice trip up to Noosa in Qld though ;)

Unfortunately no pictures of any blue faced angels that I'm not breeding [emoji38] I may be organising something else very special in the coming months though.... and yes, it's wrasse related [emoji38]2:
Your vacation looked great Dom. But you rained on My Parade about those blue faced angels I was pretty excited about that. I hope that you're not planning a magma wrasse. My local fish store got two of them in and had to discount them by 60% and they still haven't sold. I'm probably eventually going to pick one up but they are just a red wrasse. Those are some nice pictures of your vacation how about any tank shots?

Yeah Dom, you have to pick up Andrews slack. Some pics, and you need to buy more corals. You presently might have too much fish pee. More SPS would take care of it.

Marty

Back