The Scleractinia Shallows

Dom is wasting acro cash on stupid fish because of trouble makers like you Angie............:hammer:

The acros are all that matters........ ain't no 'too' when you're talking acros.........:twitch:

I'm getting Ken and John over next time you visit Dom, for an intervention........... you can blame your hippy fish hugging mate Angie for the bruises :wave:

So Andrew, seems like you're a bad influence too. Just saying....:thumbsup:

Nice fish btw boys. They make your acro look sooo much better!

:wave:

Who needs live brine shrimp when you have Dave....

Soaked nori in AF garlic oil and then shredded it when mushy and soft, into the water like flake. Angel ate all he could get before the other bullyish fish mopped it all up.

Repeated one hour later, angel ate again but this time he flared his fins if any of the anthias got in his way.

Pulverized two mysis cubes into mysis mush and soaked in tank water with nori as well. Removed the nori sheet so just the nori stained water and garlic mysis was left and tipped the lot into the display.
Angel came running and started eating the small bits of mysis, looking for a sec before taking each bit.

An hour later i soaked two more mysis cubes in water with garlic oil and then rinsed in a net and put them into the display. Angel ate all the mysis he could get just like the other fish. :thumbsup:
Wooohoooo :lol2::lol2: Gotta love the brain that floats around in Dave's head!

So Andrew, seems like you're a bad influence too. Just saying....:thumbsup:

Nice fish btw boys. They make your acro look sooo much better!

:wave:
He's just as bad as I am! He was egging me on to buy a pair of juvenile gold nugget clowns!

This pic is just for you Angie :)

And for everyone else here's some new tank pics!
FTS:

Left side:

Right side:

And some angles

Annnddd I've just started the Reef Essential's Trace A, B & C and also the vitamin and amino dosing too :)

Along with that, I've jerry-rigged an extra sump baffle in the matrix section for a more efficient flow :)

Happy days!!

Dom, Nice pics! Thanks!

Marty
Dom your tank is really coming around nicely. Great job. I love the new fish too.
Thanks guys :) I'm not quite sure why they uploaded in super size :fun5: but ah well, I'll have to keep an eye on resizing them in future :)
He's fantastic Pife :) he even ate the couple of aptasia that made it into the tank, they're gone now!!

I'm still struggling with those gold nuggets now, even if they found the million dollar mansion in the tank they were in!!

Wrangy, I just figured out why you are drooling over those fish! What a perfect fish to start your breeding program with. I don't know what size tank you would need, But with the help of Dave and his brilliant sidekick Andrew, you should be able to integrate another tank into your system. That would look great. I would also pick up that anemone in the tank with them.
Those are some nice looking fish. And since Andrew got an Angelfish, I think the Blueface program is off.

Marty

Thanks guys :) I'm not quite sure why they uploaded in super size :fun5: but ah well, I'll have to keep an eye on resizing them in future :)
He's fantastic Pife :) he even ate the couple of aptasia that made it into the tank, they're gone now!!

I'm still struggling with those gold nuggets now, even if they found the million dollar mansion in the tank they were in!!

Dom, the Americans on this forum wouldn't understand the million dollar home comment...

For our American friends, BTA's of that standard are worth almost a house deposit!

Wrangy, I just figured out why you are drooling over those fish! What a perfect fish to start your breeding program with. I don't know what size tank you would need, But with the help of Dave and his brilliant sidekick Andrew, you should be able to integrate another tank into your system. That would look great. I would also pick up that anemone in the tank with them.
Those are some nice looking fish. And since Andrew got an Angelfish, I think the Blueface program is off.

Marty
Yep, that's the plans :) I have a mate who lives around the corner who after many years of trying has FINALLY RAISED BLOOD SHRIMP :D I'm over the moon for him as I know how much he's been trying for them!!

I'm definitely going to use these guys as my starting point I think :) And the nice thing to know is that gold nugget + gold nugget will always give gold nuggets :D

Dom, the Americans on this forum wouldn't understand the million dollar home comment...

For our American friends, BTA's of that standard are worth almost a house deposit!
haha that's true, I didn't even think about that.

Guys, this BTA sold for $1k :fun5: :blown: and offers of $3k+ have come in for splits of it haha

Oh wow! And yes, the million dollar mansion went over my head. But I am sure Matt caught the meaning.

Marty

Yep, that's the plans :) I have a mate who lives around the corner who after many years of trying has FINALLY RAISED BLOOD SHRIMP :D I'm over the moon for him as I know how much he's been trying for them!!

I'm definitely going to use these guys as my starting point I think :) And the nice thing to know is that gold nugget + gold nugget will always give gold nuggets :D

haha that's true, I didn't even think about that.

Guys, this BTA sold for $1k :fun5: :blown: and offers of $3k+ have come in for splits of it haha

Oh wow! And yes, the million dollar mansion went over my head. But I am sure Matt caught the meaning.

Marty
They are a good looking clownfish for sure Dom. That nem in the states sell for around 600. I can't believe you bought them as a set though. Super sexy fish in a beautiful nem. Nice pickup.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Marty
It's okay a lot of people not here in Aus miss that :)

They are a good looking clownfish for sure Dom. That nem in the states sell for around 600. I can't believe you bought them as a set though. Super sexy fish in a beautiful nem. Nice pickup.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
haha no nem for me, it was already sold but I'm in line for a cutting/split when it happens :) I'm over the moon about the clowns though!!

Will you be starting a new thread or post your breeding efforts on this page? A good thread name would be, Dom's first million

Marty
I'll definitely be starting a thread on it so I can get some input and help and I don't think there's too many gold nugget threads lol I'll start one once I make some progress and have something to show :)

So your mate around the corner can breed blood shrimp and you couldn't be bothered breeding some blue face angels for Brandon and i............ we will talk to your mate in future. :mad:

I saw one of the 6mm long captive bred blood shrimp today at Deer Park.

' Why is it in the jellyfish tank Dave ? '

' Why not '

' Because it's a $%$%@ jellyfish display not a $$%@@# blood shrimp display Dave '

' Says who '

' It says #%$%@ jellyfish display on the front of the tank Dave ! '

I gave up trying to have it moved as it became obvious it was a waste of my valuable acro shopping time............

Brandon and i want a pair of nuggets that are safe to add with any other existing clown pairs we may already have Dom. We want clown safe clowns and now you showed us you have a breeding pair you better come through this time. :deadhorse1:

GET........ IT.......... DONE !

Are you going to ship this clown safe clown to Brasil, Dom??
I'll get 2, please......

:lol2:

I can answer that one for you Alex. Dom will be shipping the CSC's worldwide - he's also indicated that he will be throwing in a free pair of captive bred blood shrimp with each order for the first 10 customers ! :thumbsup:

CSC Confirmed Orders:

1. Andrew
2. Brandon
3. Alex

I can answer that one for you Alex. Dom will be shipping the CSC's worldwide - he's also indicated that he will be throwing in a free pair of captive bred blood shrimp with each order for the first 10 customers ! :thumbsup:

CSC Confirmed Orders:

1. Andrew
2. Brandon
3. Alex

Good to know Andrew!
I've 6 or 7 friends very interested in a pair of this super rare CSC's maroon (fish from hell) clowns.
I'll make a list and maybe Dom could possibly think about a trip to deliver them in person.......and drink some caipirinha, of course!

So your mate around the corner can breed blood shrimp and you couldn't be bothered breeding some blue face angels for Brandon and i............ we will talk to your mate in future. :mad:

I saw one of the 6mm long captive bred blood shrimp today at Deer Park.

' Why is it in the jellyfish tank Dave ? '

' Why not '

' Because it's a $%$%@ jellyfish display not a $$%@@# blood shrimp display Dave '

' Says who '

' It says #%$%@ jellyfish display on the front of the tank Dave ! '

I gave up trying to have it moved as it became obvious it was a waste of my valuable acro shopping time............
Reef Builders did an article for him haha he's been trying for a while!!

I think the jelly display is a great idea until Dave get's off his bum and gets some actual jellies!! haha

Brandon and i want a pair of nuggets that are safe to add with any other existing clown pairs we may already have Dom. We want clown safe clowns and now you showed us you have a breeding pair you better come through this time. :deadhorse1:

GET........ IT.......... DONE !
You don't like setting me easy challenges do you... :debi: I buy the second most aggressive species of clowns and you want me to make them clown safe?!?! :blown:

Are you going to ship this clown safe clown to Brasil, Dom??
I'll get 2, please......

:lol2:

CSC Confirmed Orders:

1. Andrew
2. Brandon
3. Alex
Good to know Andrew!
I've 6 or 7 friends very interested in a pair of this super rare CSC's maroon (fish from hell) clowns.
I'll make a list and maybe Dom could possibly think about a trip to deliver them in person.......and drink some caipirinha, of course!
Alex, this is like the warning signs you see at the zoo saying "Please don't feed the monkey's" well I should have to say it but please don't encourage the Andrew :lol: he doesn't need any further encouraging haha

If you pay for the trip I'll hand deliver anything you'd like Alex :lolspin:

Speaking on NCSC (non-clown-safe-clowns) though, I managed a couple of half decent shots of the duo yesterday and some flubber just to annoy Andrew :lol:

Back