The Scleractinia Shallows

Wrangy, Been a week, how about an update. Also wouldn't mind hearing about your peppers

Marty
So lol
I pulled the calcium reactor apart last week and gave it a really good clean and the media and thorough wash. Found a leak that had sealed from salt creep so I fixed that up and while I was waiting for that to set I did a couple of 10% water changes to keep the levels stable as I couldn't be bothered manually dosing haha did another 10% yesterday and will probably do another 10 in the next couple of days :) Just because haha I'm in the mood to clean!

I'm also in the process of siphoning all of the sand out of the sump frag tank as it's gross and I want to get some more fragging and growing done and the sand makes it hard to keep it clean! I'm going to get a couple of Zen Reef products for my fragging works.

The peppers are doing really well! Much easier to manage than a reef tank haha.
My current list of peppers being grown is:
- Brain Strain 7 Pot
- California Repear
- Sugar Rush Peach
- Peach Scorpion
- Chocolate Scorpion
- Jalapeno
- Poblano/Ancho
- Scotch Bonnet
- Bahamian Goat
- Count Dracula
- Purple UFO
- Trinidad Perfume Pepper
- Chilli Costa Rica
- Brazilian Starfish

And I still have about half a dozen I haven't planted haha but as you can see I have zero room left in my little pepper station haha

Catching up. The tank filled with nets was a serious LOL moment for me.

I agree with no Reef Brights, I see they are too expensive anyway. Goofy looking light, I have a small 24" all blue fixture which is unusable IMO.

More pics!
Hey Mark! :) Thanks for stopping by and yes, the nets was a very comical moment for me as well haha worked a treat though :lol:

At the moment, I'm just going to get a second 3ft SB Reef Lights sBar actinic strip to add in and probably change the Radium to a 400w and get rid of the t5's lol who knows though haha

I'll try to take some this week for you :beer:

Your display when i owned it Domster - 400W Radium. :smokin:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/onFfxjFmAs4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That would be neat! Let us know the outcome. It will give you something to write about.

Marty
I'll definitely be documenting it well if I do :)

Harem of Grammas has peaked my interest...

love the chillis too mate!
I've always loved them so I suppose 5 will make up for the fact that Dejongi gramma's won't be here for some time haha

Thanks mate, I'm a little chilli obsessed :)

Your display when i owned it Domster - 400W Radium. :smokin:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/onFfxjFmAs4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Oh hello stranger! :wavehand:

Yeah, the more I've been thinking about it the more I think I'll swap to a 400w and some led strips :) easier and no t5 tube changes :)

I'll definitely be documenting it well if I do :)

I've always loved them so I suppose 5 will make up for the fact that Dejongi gramma's won't be here for some time haha

Thanks mate, I'm a little chilli obsessed :)

Oh hello stranger! :wavehand:

Yeah, the more I've been thinking about it the more I think I'll swap to a 400w and some led strips :) easier and no t5 tube changes :)
Make it happen! Let the dragons breath breathe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looking good mate!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jay :) I'm pretty happy, just need to get that 400w going!

Your tank is looking great!

Marty
Thanks Marty :)

Love it my friend!
Thanks Brandon! Still not motivated enough to take some better shots but I'll get there haha

SHROOMS!!! Love it mate!!!
I've developed a weakness haha I blame a specific person but he will remain nameless haha

1b4bebf434705ce5a340c738fa46e09a.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom,

That green/orange mush is awesome!
And the tank looks pretty good. I love the variety.

What about that borb anthias? How it's doing?

Love those mushrooms, Dom.
Will they go in the display?
Your cat looks too cute to say no to, even though s/he probably needs to hear it often!

Back