The SPS Journey Begins

@JCOLE

DOS1-L-A4R
DOS2-R-A4R

Sorry, I didnt get home until later last night. I tested my DOS and pushing the button does not trip the alarm. However, turning the outlet to on in the dashboard does trip the alarm. Is this something you would still want to do?

If so, how long does your DOS run when dosing? I have mine at 5 minutes but that was because I was dosing Kalk.

Sorry, I didnt get home until later last night. I tested my DOS and pushing the button does not trip the alarm. However, turning the outlet to on in the dashboard does trip the alarm. Is this something you would still want to do?

If so, how long does your DOS run when dosing? I have mine at 5 minutes but that was because I was dosing Kalk.

Not very long. I was only dosing 5ml per day.

Not very long. I was only dosing 5ml per day.

Here is what you would need to do if you want to set up an alarm for the DOS.

First, you will need to create a virtual output. If you have never done this then go to the outputs page and click the gear in the top corner to add a virtual output.

1692624945948.png

Then give it a name. VO_DOSALARM

Find the newly created VO and open it up. I would say having it alarm after running for one minute will be fine since it only doses small amounts throughout the day. You can change that at any time.

The following code will need to go into the configuration box.

Set OFF
If Output DOS1-L-A4R = ON Then ON
If Output DOS2-R-A4R = ON Then ON
Defer 001:00 Then ON

If you want a longer or shorter time before it alarms, then change the Defer time.

Now you will need to put this in the Email Alarm output. Mine is named EmailAlm_I5. Open up that output and add the following.

If Output VO_DOSALARM = ON then ON

Now every time the DOS runs for more than the Defer time then you will receive an alert.

Do you have a remote display? If so, then you can make it alarm as well when these go off. If you don't have the email alarm set up to sound your display, then I would do this because it is a tank saver.

Find your sound alarm output. Mine is labeled SndAlm_I6. In there, just have this code. Change the EmailAlm_I5 to whatever yours is called.

Set OFF
If Output EmailAlm_I5 = ON Then ON

That is it, and you should be good to go. To test it, just set your doser output to ON and wait until the set time to see if it trips.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alright so another update, just no coral pics. The Birdsnest is STNing and the Monti Cap is STNing as well. There’s no hope for the Birdsnest unfortunately. I may still be able to frag the monti cap. Will have to check when I get home.

I did add a bright orange monti Setosa that seems to be fine.

With all that said, my new halide reflectors arrived - Thanks Reefsupplies.ca!

0_IMG_9566.jpeg

With all that said, my new halide reflectors arrived - Thanks Reefsupplies.ca!
Ha, I almost bought the 150w's from them because they were on sale as well (and I have bulbs and ballasts in a box somewhere) but I talked myself out of it.

Sorry to hear about the STNing..

Ha, I almost bought the 150w's from them because they were on sale as well (and I have bulbs and ballasts in a box somewhere) but I talked myself out of it.

Sorry to hear about the STNing..
I think they’re the only ones left. I thought about the 150 but firgured I only need 2 currently and it leaves room for an upgrade as I run 150

I think they’re the only ones left. I thought about the 150 but firgured I only need 2 currently and it leaves room for an upgrade as I run 150
They've had 4 in stock of the 150 for the last two years and now they dropped 22%. I guess nobody is interested.

But not to use with those new 250w reflectors, correct? 150w bulbs are shorter than 250's.

Welp, definitely not returning the reflectors ($75 shipping back). I have an email out to Champion to see about exchanging my bulbs I recently bought (not likely but worth a shot).

Thanks, I had figured HQI was HQI.

And HUGE shout out to Champion Lighting. They are willing to exchange all the 150 watt bulbs I just bought in July for 250W.

Thanks, I had figured HQI was HQI.

And HUGE shout out to Champion Lighting. They are willing to exchange all the 150 watt bulbs I just bought in July for 250W.
HQI is just branding from OSRAM ( I'm sure Sanjay said that somewhere), it's like saying Kleenex instead of tissue. No idea why the term ran wild in the aquarium industry.

So what ballast are you going to use, Icecap selectawatt? M80's will be impossible to find so electronics will be your only choice. FWIW you can get the funky connector from Hamilton for $10 if you decide on offbrand electronic ballasts.

Female-3-Prong-quick-disconnect--270x270.jpg

HQI is just branding from OSRAM ( I'm sure Sanjay said that somewhere), it's like saying Kleenex instead of tissue. No idea why the term ran wild in the aquarium industry.

So what ballast are you going to use, Icecap selectawatt? M80's will be impossible to find so electronics will be your only choice. FWIW you can get the funky connector from Hamilton for $10 if you decide on offbrand electronic ballasts.

Female-3-Prong-quick-disconnect--270x270.jpg

Well I have a line out for M80’s. I’m betting it’s just another non-updated site but we’ll see. That said, if I can find them, Ice Caps, if not, I’ll likely go with YesCom 600W dimmable (I have one of theirs already and works pretty good).

Back