The T5 Q&a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Grim One last Question Sorry just trying to get a better Idea and what I should go with.

In my previous post I wanted to go with 3 ATI Blue Plus, 2x Aqua Blue Special and 1 Fiji Purple, Now just researching can I go with 3x ATI Blue Plus, 2 UVL 75/25 14K, and 1x Fiji Purple?
Would this be too much or just not enough par for growth? Sorry just trying to get a good combo and run with it. Having T-5's for over a year and since I am switching to SPS trying to get a better idea and what works best.

Thanks
Frankie

Hey guys,

Soon I will fire up my 90 gal system. It has a canopy which can be unused if needed. Im going with the ATI 48" 6x54W sunpower. I want to grow SPS and clams. What combo suits me best? Without sacrificing integrity of growth, I'm looking for a blue/purple pop.

I was thinking
ATI Blue Plus
UVL aquablue
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus

Another question grim

My 100 gallon tank does not have an entirely open top I guess it is euro braced, it has a rim around it that is about 4 inches thick of clear acrylic and then another strip through the middle will a 6 bulb fixture still work with that?

The lights you told me to buy will aid in spawning then right? So here's my plan with the lighting the two blues on for 10-12 hours and in those 10-12 hours have all the lights on together for about 4 hrs and increasing to about 8 when the tank becomes acclimated. Does that sound ok?

Spawning is an imperfect science, dont worry about it. You talk to four people and you'll get 4 different answers about it.

Lighting scheme sounds fine.

Ok Grim One last Question Sorry just trying to get a better Idea and what I should go with.

In my previous post I wanted to go with 3 ATI Blue Plus, 2x Aqua Blue Special and 1 Fiji Purple, Now just researching can I go with 3x ATI Blue Plus, 2 UVL 75/25 14K, and 1x Fiji Purple?
Would this be too much or just not enough par for growth? Sorry just trying to get a good combo and run with it. Having T-5's for over a year and since I am switching to SPS trying to get a better idea and what works best.

Thanks
Frankie

Stick with the first mix you listed

Hey guys,

Soon I will fire up my 90 gal system. It has a canopy which can be unused if needed. Im going with the ATI 48" 6x54W sunpower. I want to grow SPS and clams. What combo suits me best? Without sacrificing integrity of growth, I'm looking for a blue/purple pop.

I was thinking
ATI Blue Plus
UVL aquablue
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus

Be fine but swap the position of your first 2 lamps so the Aquablue is first and the blue plus is second.

Another question grim

My 100 gallon tank does not have an entirely open top I guess it is euro braced, it has a rim around it that is about 4 inches thick of clear acrylic and then another strip through the middle will a 6 bulb fixture still work with that?

yes

I am going to replace my bulbs. I have 2x 36" and am going to add a third. I will need enough light for maxima and crocea in 45 gallon tank which is 24" deep, but am primarily concerned with color. Which bulbs?

new to t5 and have always ran halides,im either going to run the tek 6x39 or a ATI 6x39.right now i run a 250w 20k radium and two 24" vho actinics,id like to get a similar color from t5 but would possibly like to add some red spectrum in as well.what bulb combo would you use?it will be mainly sps and the tank is an ocanic 57g rimless.

I am going to replace my bulbs. I have 2x 36" and am going to add a third. I will need enough light for maxima and crocea in 45 gallon tank which is 24" deep, but am primarily concerned with color. Which bulbs?

I wouldn't try a Crocea on the sand with less than 4 lamps.

Front
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus

If you do 4 add a Fiji Purple just in front of the Aquablue.

new to t5 and have always ran halides,im either going to run the tek 6x39 or a ATI 6x39.right now i run a 250w 20k radium and two 24" vho actinics,id like to get a similar color from t5 but would possibly like to add some red spectrum in as well.what bulb combo would you use?it will be mainly sps and the tank is an ocanic 57g rimless.

I'd do the ATI

Front
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue

Be very close I think. Killer PAR too.

AquaVim T5 fixtures? I haven't found much info or opinions on them and the search here came up with nothing. I haven't found much technical info either. I need an 8x39w for my 17" high tank and they make one for a reasonable price. Anyone have any experience with their T5 fixtures they can share?

AquaVim T5 fixtures? I haven't found much info or opinions on them and the search here came up with nothing. I haven't found much technical info either. I need an 8x39w for my 17" high tank and they make one for a reasonable price. Anyone have any experience with their T5 fixtures they can share?

On a 17" high tank good lamps and any kind of individule reflectors should be enough.

I am going to try taking the leap to T5 to benefit my LPS which are not enjoyment my MH.

just a lighting experiment for me right now.

itll be a retro on icecap 660 with icecap reflectors, 8 48" bulbs all side by side.

what bulbs? I run 20k mh with VHO actinic right now, and I want atleast that, if not more...

Im trying to get as many different bulbs to see for myself as possible as well. Yay or nay?

the plan so far

1xGieseman pure actinic
1x ATI true actinic
1x Gieseman Actinic plus
1x ATI Blue Plus
1x Fiji Purple

need 3 more. question is, do I get something like mid sun or aquablue? is this going in the wrong direction? or double up on the actinic plus/blue plus? too much blue, not enough par? this is an SPS dominated tank 24" deep, so needs to have good output.

Ok I did it!

Front
ATI Blue +
ATI Aquablue Special
KZ Fiji
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue +
Back
Here here is the fixture:
100_0430.jpg

Ballasts mounted