The T5 Q&a Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14409491#post14409491 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MBVette
Im going to be using an icecap 8x80 retro. How many fans should I get for this setup? Should I just get the ones off reefgeeks site, or are there better fans out there?

One fan on each side blowing air in down the lamp ends/rows of endcaps works good.

sent you a pm grim... I need advice tonight.

I just sold my mh pendants and need advice on which t5 fixture to buy. Sent you a PM about it.

Mr. Grim Reefer I need your advice. I'm have a 48x24x24 120 gal and looking at purchasing a ATI 48" 8x54W Powermodule. What bulbs and height off the tank would you recommend? I'm planning on a mix of LPS / SPS. Thanks in advance.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14411220#post14411220 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by our6pack
Mr. Grim Reefer I need your advice. I'm have a 48x24x24 120 gal and looking at purchasing a ATI 48" 8x54W Powermodule. What bulbs and height off the tank would you recommend? I'm planning on a mix of LPS / SPS. Thanks in advance.

Keep it about 4" above the tank.

Front
ATI Aquablue
UVL 75/25
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Actinic White
ATI Blue Plus
GE 6500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus

Grim Reefer,

Using this picture of a MH fixture, but the light output, what would you say is the closest T5 combo of 4 lights to this? Going with the hue's you see in this picture...and how it makes the sand and live rock look etc...

108404860.nubOMMTI.jpg

I'm setting up a 6x80w bulb retro for my new 125 and am looking to go with a little more blue.

I currently have a 6 bulb fixture on my 46 with 2 aquablue, 2 blue +, a UVL 75.25, and a fiji purple.

I was think about going with 2 Aquablue, a fiji purple, and 3 blue +

Will the extra blue plus kill off PAR?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14411701#post14411701 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ChrisMc73
Grim Reefer,

Using this picture of a MH fixture, but the light output, what would you say is the closest T5 combo of 4 lights to this? Going with the hue's you see in this picture...and how it makes the sand and live rock look etc...

108404860.nubOMMTI.jpg

I'd try 1 Blue Plus, 1 Aquablue, GE 6500K Daylight and 1 of either UVL Actinic White or 75/25.

Right now I am running a 75/25 at the front and a Blue Plus in rear for dusk/dawn and its the coolest effect I have seen, Real eerie blue in the upper rear and a warm purple color in the front.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14411973#post14411973 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lightningfront
I'm setting up a 6x80w bulb retro for my new 125 and am looking to go with a little more blue.

I currently have a 6 bulb fixture on my 46 with 2 aquablue, 2 blue +, a UVL 75.25, and a fiji purple.

I was think about going with 2 Aquablue, a fiji purple, and 3 blue +

Will the extra blue plus kill off PAR?
Seeing as how the Blue Plus has a whole lot more PAR than the 75/25 I'd have to say ahhhhh No :D Be good.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14412812#post14412812 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mike fail
20g high with 4X24" t5 ho totaling 96W would this be too much?

Using a Tek or a nova sundial it should be fine for mixed reef. One of the ATI units might be a little much if you plan softies.

I have a 6x54W retrokit...

Current bulbs are
Front
Blue +
75/25
Blue +
Blue +
Aquablue special
Blue +

The colours aren't quite as nice as my other tank with 70W 20K XM. The reds are ok, but greens are washed out and the blues are only so-so. The overall colour is a little more 'baby-blue' than what I'm looking for (I like 20K blue tanks) I'm thinking change out one of the middle Blue+ to something else. Any suggestions?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14413116#post14413116 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bristle
I have a 6x54W retrokit...

Current bulbs are
Front
Blue +
75/25
Blue +
Blue +
Aquablue special
Blue +

The colours aren't quite as nice as my other tank with 70W 20K XM. The reds are ok, but greens are washed out and the blues are only so-so. The overall colour is a little more 'baby-blue' than what I'm looking for (I like 20K blue tanks) I'm thinking change out one of the middle Blue+ to something else. Any suggestions?

If the lamps are fairly new that should be pretty damn blue already. You might try pushing the 75/25 back a place or 2 and see if that helps. If you want to brighten the look up another aquablue would help.

Hi,

I will be choosing ATI as my lighting choice in a 8x80w. Question is what is the difference between the PM and the Sunpower.

Do you get the bang for the extra bit of money. My Tank is a 60wx24w28d.??

also can you direct me in bulb choice for this for my tank. I would like to have the oppunity to have any type of coral in my system.

Cheers

AquaticLife T5HO

AquaticLife T5HO

Hi Grim,

What do you think about the 48 Inch 4x54 Watt AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture W/ 4 Lunar LEDs?

Thanks for your help!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14412012#post14412012 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Grim Reefer
I'd try 1 Blue Plus, 1 Aquablue, GE 6500K Daylight and 1 of either UVL Actinic White or 75/25.

Right now I am running a 75/25 at the front and a Blue Plus in rear for dusk/dawn and its the coolest effect I have seen, Real eerie blue in the upper rear and a warm purple color in the front.

Grim,
Can you post a picture of that light combo? I would love to see it.
Do you think this combo you've suggested is too white, and not enough blue for anything to thrive?

Originally posted by ChrisMc73
Thanks Grim, do you think the 24" 4x24w ATI Powermodule is good enough for the Solana tank? 20x20x20?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14409541#post14409541 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Grim Reefer
Yes, as long as you don't plan a full blown SPS tank.

I was planning a mixed reef tank. I have no idea how I will take to this new hobby, never done the "reef" before. So I don't know if I like SPS/LPS, softies etc...I know I like fish. So there will be fish. Full Blown SPS? Not sure, not planned, but not sure?

What would be the issue with this fixture if I did?

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14413563#post14413563 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chippy70
Hi,

I will be choosing ATI as my lighting choice in a 8x80w. Question is what is the difference between the PM and the Sunpower.

Do you get the bang for the extra bit of money. My Tank is a 60wx24w28d.??

also can you direct me in bulb choice for this for my tank. I would like to have the oppunity to have any type of coral in my system.

Cheers
the new sunpower does not come in an 8 bulb fixture only 4 & 6 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back