Thinking about comming back

BiG_KiD

Been out of the hobby for 15+ years. Couple of questions, my tank has been dry for 10+ years. It's an oceanic streched hex. Not reel confident in it, any opinions on a tank of this age holding water and being trusted?

I'm leaning towards a new reef ready tank but thought I could maybe start cycling some rock in this one.

Welcome back! If you have the space, place the tank where you can fill it and leave it for a week or so to detect any signs of leaking. Of course peeling seals, cracks, chips etc. would be a fine excuse for a nice new tank. Good luck!

Use aquarium silicone just cut the old silicone out from the inside and reseal it. I have an old 90 gallon that's probably 25 years old and I've resealed it twice already..

Been out of the hobby for 15+ years. Couple of questions, my tank has been dry for 10+ years. It's an oceanic streched hex. Not reel confident in it, any opinions on a tank of this age holding water and being trusted?

I'm leaning towards a new reef ready tank but thought I could maybe start cycling some rock in this one.
If the inner silicone seal is still squishy you are good. If it's hard then time for a reseal. Still good idea to do a fill test as @kfisc suggested.

Back