Tiny fish and powerheads

jbaur13

Hello. I just received a few fish and I didn't realize how small these guys were going to be. I have mp40's and I'm worried these guys could fit in between the fins of the pump intake and become sashimi. How real of a threat is this to actually happening? I'm running the foam covers, but would prefer not have the added maintenance of cleaning the foam every few days.

Thanks in advance.

I guess it depends on what type of fish. I’d probably keep the foam on for a bit, but it depends on the fish. A baby yellow tang, although small, I wouldn’t worry. A little clown fish, I’d give it a few months. It just depends

I’d give it time to see how they interact in the flow. I’d they seem to be struggling, I’d keep them covered if they handle the flow well, I wouldn’t worry too long

Tiny fish and powerheads are often discussed in the context of aquariums and fish tanks. Powerheads are devices used in aquariums to create water movement and circulation, and they can have an impact on the well-being of tiny or small fish species.
In summary, powerheads can be a valuable tool in maintaining a healthy and well-maintained aquarium, but their use must be carefully considered when housing tiny or small fish. Proper adjustment of powerhead settings, providing shelter, and selecting compatible fish species are important aspects of creating a suitable environment for tiny fishing equipment in an aquarium with powerheads.

Tiny fish and powerheads are often discussed in the context of aquariums and fish tanks. Powerheads are devices used in aquariums to create water movement and circulation, and they can have an impact on the well-being of tiny or small fish species.
In summary, powerheads can be a valuable tool in maintaining a healthy and well-maintained aquarium, but their use must be carefully considered when housing tiny or small fish. Proper adjustment of powerhead settings, providing shelter, and selecting compatible fish species are important aspects of creating a suitable environment for tiny fishing equipment in an aquarium with powerheads.
OGC.2f229339d606b4e930ca18a1fe91b3fa

giphy.com-media-l4pTsNgkamxfk2ZLq-giphy-downsized.gif

My powerheads are usually not too close to the rockwork. The small fish I've had have been neon gobies and they never got close to the powerheads. I've never kept foam on mine but if you're concerned keep it on.

Back