Top Reason Jebao wavemakers stop working and a super easy FIX for them!!!

I have tried the airline tubing trick on my wp 25 but it did not work. Mind you that i left the pump in the stuck position accidentally for sometime. Did i interfere too late? maybe the magnet or the motor of the pump died.

Now my wp10 is starting to stop spinning and will give that trick a shot today.

thanks

Have two RW-20s that only last one month before stopping, pathetic. This method didn't make any difference to either I'm afraid. I'll try sghera64's fix now. These have a one year warranty, I expect the importer must have a warehouse full of returns by now.

Shera64's fix didn't work either. Terrible product.

Last edited:
Sorry to revive the old thread, but one of my Jebao wavemakers started making noise and I could visibly see the shaft wobble when it kicked on (W1) so I tried this and it did the trick. Thank you!

Just out of interest, what mode were you guys running? Wondering if wave mode (on/off cycles) really hurts them.

Is this fix still appropriate for the current SW series of Jebao wavemakers?

Just find this thread, I replace my ceramic with the airline rubbing, and walla! Working like a champ! Hope it continues to go, I'll )ost an update soon :)

I did this a year ago to one of the two new rw4's I got. the one that didn't have the mod froze after 3 months. after a good cleaning, I modded it and got a few more weeks out of it at a time before it would freeze again. after a few months, it finally died. the original modded one is still working.

the optional assurent warranty you can buy for 3 bucks is worth it. they just give you your money back without making you send in the pump.

I did the airline tubing thing and it lasted only a few months. Now it won't start, I have 2 pumps that are useless now.

Any idea if they are repairable? Is it the impeller or the pump?

if the impeller spins freely by hand, but does not spin when powered, then the problem is in the pump or controller. But if the impeller does not spin freely (which is the most common case), then you can to clean the impeller and bushing (or the tubing if you replaced the ceramic bushing).

I'd like to take a moment to inform all of you arguing that a bushing is a subclass of bearings. Specifically, it is a type of bearing that is cylindrical and allows rotation by sliding as opposed to rolling. Another name for a bushing is "sleeve bearing".

The correct term for that piece is bushing, unequivocally. But you can call it a bearing in the same way that you can call a penguin a bird, if you insist.

EDIT: Wow this is an old thread... Didn't realize. Whatever, still a good piece of info :)

Last edited:
if the impeller spins freely by hand, but does not spin when powered, then the problem is in the pump or controller. But if the impeller does not spin freely (which is the most common case), then you can to clean the impeller and bushing (or the tubing if you replaced the ceramic bushing).

Thank you, i have 3 useless pumps now........ :(

WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS SOONER? Be right back while I go grab my SW-15 that's sitting in a box seemingly "broken".

Edit: Didn't work. The tubing doesn't allow it to freely spin - plus my ceramic wasn't seized.

Last edited:
I have several Jebao pumps didn't work. After mod, some pumps back to service and some pump still bad. If your pump doesn't work that is your bad luck, but at-least you give it a try before buy another one. IMO, Do not use mode W1 after the mod, it won't work good on W1 mode, you have to use Else mode or W2 mode to keep the pump life longer.

Back