Trouble getting skimmer running.

Fitz19d

I have used, but was functional at one point, a to me anyways large hang on back or in tank reef octopus skimmer. The guy before selling it to me had ordered a stronger pump, a Reef Octopus OTP-1000 Turbine Pump.

The air inlet was exact same size as the air cord with doohicky on the end. I tried heating and pushing it over but it's just too thick to hope to get over it. I did get the pictured tubing which fits both very tightly and I hand the hose up on the hook on the skimmer.

However when I plug it in, it raises the water to I imagine the right level, then just gives me lots of tiny little bubbles that don't add up to much. (Did this when completely submerged, nothing attached to air inlet as at the time I didn't know that's what it was and the guy said the whole thing goes in water.) With my "fix" it's improved to where it every few seconds gives a bit of a belch with maybe 2-3 smaller eraser head bubbles and a lot of small ones. In the clear bit of tube I can see a bit of water moving around but seems like existing water getting pushed about rather than sucked in. (I could be wrong and could glue to make sure it's completely sealed.)

So.... any idea? Just need to leave it running hours to magically fix itself and create bubbles that make it into the collection box? I can take a crappy phone video if needed.

Attachments

• 2012-12-30 13.29.34.jpg
    2012-12-30 13.29.34.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
that little grey cylinder where the air tube is going into there is another hole there. turn ur skimmer on and blow in the second hole for as long as ur breathe can hold. that should solve the problem.

Sometimes you have to blow air into them to get them working right, like my Octo NW150, then I have another I have to suck on the tube to get is started.

Back