Tunze Nano 6025 Problem

demeyer2

Hi,
First off I want to say I love this thing and it looks awesome and have always loved the quality and integrity of your streams. For the first time with one of the Tunze products I have come across an issue:
Mine also starts in reverse sometimes but then I restart it a couple of times and its fine which doesn't bother me. But yesterday I turned it off to feed and when I turned it back on it kind of chattered like the prop was hitting something and then it stopped and went normal. But I noticed some white plastic shavings going around the tank that came out of the Tunze after the chatter. Is this something normal or is this a problem? If I were to have to ship it out to get it fixed how much would that cost? As of now its running fine but I'm concerned with the issue especially the next time I turn it off. I'm afraid to take it apart because I don't want to break it and it's less than 2 weeks old and I'm a college student so I can't afford to break it :p .
Thanks for your time,
Dan

It has a two year warranty so unless you modded something it would be free. Please open it, you will need to open them for cleaning eventually anyway. Maybe something got in there. It could be the shaft came out, it should be stuck in the bottom. Let me know what you find.

mnestroy, open it and check if the shaft has come loose. It should be stuck in the pump. If it is loose we need to replace the pump.

Ok I checked it while I was cleaning it and the shaft has come loose. When I start it up the shaft kind of bounces around a tiny bit and then it catches and flows in the right direction. Although I think the flow isn't as strong as it used to be. So how does this work? I pay for shipping and ship it out to you and then you ship it back working? No mods have been done on it and there are no scratches, blemishes. etc.
Thanks!

Back