UCSB Santa Barbara NSW Natural Sea Water...

A friend and I have both done water changes in the last 24 hours and the UCSB water is fine.

Thank the currents that took the oil out to sea and never pushed it past Coal Oil Point reserve. That's about a mile away from the water intake for UCSB.

:thumbsup: Good stuff. I'll keep my eyes and ears open since I won't need to go for another two months.

calcium levels

calcium levels

I just started using the UCSB water and noticed that the calcium level was at about 320. Is this normal? I noticed this before the spill happened so that wasn't factor.

Planning to go up to get water tomorrow morning. Does it get busy during the weekdays in the mornings? Not the faucet itself but the area where the faucet is in general. Hoping to be up there around 10 or so.

I've only ever gone on the weekend before.

getting water!

07514e6a969ce3730b009c0b18384878.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So is this clean ocean water? Where can I find details about this?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

More details on the first page of this thread. It is taken from far out in the ocean and filtered. A lot of people, including myself, have been using this for years successfully.

May be old news but since i did the searching and found the info myself I thought I'd share it. For scripps:

Seawater Tap
The seawater tap at the Keck building (8861 Shellback Way, La Jolla, CA 92037) is open to the public 24 hours a day. The salt water collected at Scripps Pier and circulated throughout campus is sent through sand filters to remove the larger particles. This is the same seawater that our aquarists use at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps and is often used to fill private saltwater aquariums

Merry Christmas, I got my water yesterday. they have hose there now. fishy_mcfish post a picture made the faucet super easy to find.

Merry Christmas, I got my water yesterday. they have hose there now. fishy_mcfish post a picture made the faucet super easy to find.

Good to hear...I would be a little careful, I filled up there around christmas too and the water was a little high in phosphates for me, about .080 ppm. I also got some weird algae bloom from it, may be coincidental though, but I don't think so.

Is anyone still using this water. I filled up a water bottle and tested it and got 0 nitrate and .003 phosphate. I go to school here and it would be nice to pick up water on my way home. My tank is a year old and will be sps dominant. I'm not sure if it would work for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back