Unadjusted clown fish.....any ideas? PT-2 With video

sikpupy

In Memoriam
I have a O clown for about 7 months now. All he does is ride up against the front glass, going back and forth, up and down....THATS IT!! Maybe for the ocasional stop for food, but, right back to going at it. I guess it is good exercise for him, but, its kind of disturbing. I have tried xenia and a big hairy toadstool for him to host, but, he has nothing to do with it. Unfortionatly he isnt getting an anemone....yet....and the goni he did tried to host....well....we know how they go.

Anything I can do to calm him down? Smack him lightly with a hamer, give him a labotomy, threaten to fry him up if he does not chill out?

---------------------

Got some answers, thanks.

Without futher adu, here is the video. I sent myself the wrong video of him to upload as he is not doing as what I said, but, still, you can see how determined he is. Will upload the other one a little later this weekend. See the nice mushroom he ignores!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6chVPhJOpfA

I just picked up a clown a few weeks ago and he's doing the exact same thing. I hear you, it is kind of disturbing. I'm just hoping he calms down real soon. He actually jumped out of my rimless tank on the same day I got him but I noticed it in time and saved his life!! :)

I had one do this when it was young. As it matured it started to show interest in hosting but nerve really did until I got another clown as a gift. Now the two of them have a nest and guard a 8" around nephthea to the death.

Well, he is around 8 months old and I do belive about the same size as when I got him. I like him small and wish I could gurantee I could find another runt that size (I dont want a bunch of big fish in my tank). If I get another, chances are the new one would get huge, so, would he become a female because of a smaller one I get, then, when the smaller one I get becomes bigger, then we wil have 2 females? Second option is to get one the same size (if thats possible to do from sight) but then I have a big monster and a small fry. Hmmm, guess thats the only option, but... Does anyone know of a breeder that has a small pair of breeding clowns so I can get a small clown?

You should try to find a smaller one. Then they will sex normally. If yours has started to sex and you add a larger one it could be bad news.

One of mine did that for a while. I had two anemones in the tank at the time and it ****ed me off that he wasn't intersted in them and just wanted to swim in a pattern. In about a week he stumbled on the carpet and fell in love. Ever since he's been quite normal.

It bothers me because (selfish I know) it keeps driving home the fact that we have caged animals that want out. I want my family to be happy and well adjusted, lol *blink blink* :(

Like other's have said, get him a mate or an anemone. But even with all that, have you considered that maybe you have a brain damaged or neurotic fish? I know a homeless guy in my town that walks around in circles talking to himself all the time. That's just the way he rolls, maybe your fish is a little nutty!

I bought a tank that had 2 clowns that were hosting an amazing torch. The torch did not do great when i moved the tank so they abandoned the torch as their home. They were swimming all around the tank looking for a home. I got an LTA anemone that the clowns have really taken too. it has changed their behavior pretty remarkably.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15184181#post15184181 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by romanr
Like other's have said, get him a mate or an anemone. But even with all that, have you considered that maybe you have a brain damaged or neurotic fish? I know a homeless guy in my town that walks around in circles talking to himself all the time. That's just the way he rolls, maybe your fish is a little nutty!

That guy you talk about is sikpupy, dont judge!! :bum:

I am not into big fat clowns, well, in a 90 anyways, and that would just figure if that was so. I hope not but I guess as long as he is physically healthy, time will tell.

Back