Unofficial VORTECH is READY thread

For most people that already have the MP40W(s) seems their money is better spent on the WXM and not the ES upgrade. Seems like the flexibility of the WXM has more punch than the three new modes. I use reef crest almost exclusively.

This allows you to vary between modes, etc. However, I'm not sure it allows you to bring up a new chart/graph and create your own flow patterns based on a 30-60 minute interval.
Reef-Crest-and-Lagoonal.png

Really??? Kenargo or Curt I thought the WXM would work the same way the aqua surf does, with an infinite amount of possibilities????

I know the AquaSurf does these things now.....would it be a stretch to have the vortechs do the same?

The Vortech supports a limited number of parameters and those are exposed through the WXM. You can mix and match pumps and modes to create a near limitless combination of modes but the modes are controlled by the Vortech.

I am looking at getting an Apex and wondering if the ES driver is necessary. All I care about is Reef Crest mode, then program in my own night mode, and add to my feed timer. Seems all I want can be done with a Apex and WXM and just skip the ES driver.

Doesn't sound like you would need the ES driver. The WXM and Apex gives more control and you could probably simulate the other modes by customizing profiles and having the Apex switch it back and forth.

My WXM shipped today as well and I just pre-ordered on Saturday!

I think I will wait to hear some more positive comments on the 4.03 firmware before I give it a go.

My WXM shipped today as well and I just pre-ordered on Saturday!

I think I will wait to hear some more positive comments on the 4.03 firmware before I give it a go.

Well that's odd. I pre-ordered the day they announced it and haven't received a ship notice......

Yeah, I ordered 18 days ago and haven't seen it either, but I'm sure he's processing as quickly as he can. I'm midwest, so I wouldn't see it for another week after it shipped anyway :lol:

i preorderd the first day, and i got an email with my invoice yesterday, but nothing confirming shipping yet. im sure itll be soon.

i preorderd the first day, and i got an email with my invoice yesterday, but nothing confirming shipping yet. im sure itll be soon.

Look closely at the invoice - the shipping date is on there... (at least it was on my invoice).

Neptune has never charged me until the item is shipped and invoice provided... JME.

LL

Doesn't sound like you would need the ES driver. The WXM and Apex gives more control and you could probably simulate the other modes by customizing profiles and having the Apex switch it back and forth.

Thanks Zach. Still trying to get the Apex fund growing. See if I can get my stuff sold. I will do the WMX and forego the ES controller.

Back