Unofficial VORTECH is READY thread

What is the best pump to run on the Apex?

Matter of opinion... and we Vortech users will reserve judgment until the new module arrives from Neptune. And I assume that the Apex module will be able to control multiple Vortechs... (?) I hadn't thought of this until a recent post got me thinking - but surely we won't have to buy multiple modules for multiple Vortechs - I assume they will run in the Master-Slave-Slave mode... :fun5:

LL

They serve different needs. I'm using both in my system. The vortech is super wide flow with a whole lot of undertow were as the Tunze has significantly more "punch".

What I really want out of the new module, any many others from what I can gather, is the ability to have a longer pulse mode so that a reversible gyre can be achieved. It would be even better if it could also be on reefcrest for two pumps in one direction and then reefcrest for two pumps in the other, 5-10 minutes a side.

Neptune will be an exhibitor at MAX (the Marine Aquarium Expo) next month (April 10-11) in SoCal. Hopefully full details and a demonstration will be available then, if not sooner. It seems like there are a bunch of folks "chomping at the bit" for this new module.

If the module works the way I hope, I will add two more MP40W's to work in conjunction with my closed loop...

Hopin' and waitin'...

:rolleye1:

LL

I ended up buying the ES drivers from Vortech and I would have to say it seems well worth the money. I did buy an APEX which should be delivered later this week to upgrade from my ACIII in hopes that the Neptune controller would be out shortly. If not, I will just settle on the ES drivers and patiently wait.

Tim from Ecotech eluded to the fact that the neptune control module will do what I'm looking for once it comes out. So it will not be limited by the current driver timer issues.

The vortech can also be controller via a timer without negative effects to the driver, this is according to Tim.

I go to the Neptune website every few days, hoping to spot a pre-order... but nothing yet... :strange:

LL

They serve different needs. I'm using both in my system. The vortech is super wide flow with a whole lot of undertow were as the Tunze has significantly more "punch".

What I really want out of the new module, any many others from what I can gather, is the ability to have a longer pulse mode so that a reversible gyre can be achieved. It would be even better if it could also be on reefcrest for two pumps in one direction and then reefcrest for two pumps in the other, 5-10 minutes a side.
That would be easy to do today. Set all 4 pumps on Reefcrest, and use the Neptune to alternate which set of pumps are on every 10 min.

i agree on this... i just upgraded to an APEX a few weeks ago... kind of wish I would have waited now, I would have bought the ecoSmart instead...kind of getting upset that neptune isnt even saying a word about the vortech module... atleast say its coming soon and give a price range.

sorry but I'm glad you up graded lol The ACIII is working great for me :D

I just ordered MP40 Module for Apex!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered MP40 Module for Apex!!!!!!!!!!!

Marine depot is taking orders for the mp40 module!!!!!!!!!!!!

\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

aprilfool!!!!!!!!:lolspin:Sorry I couldt help myself, I cant wait either

Marine depot is taking orders for the mp40 module!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derek, this awaits you at dawn....
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
madmachinegun.gif

;)

I hope

I hope

I hope the module doesn't turn out to be a disappointment...

Does anyone know if one module will control two or more Vortechs?

Never mind - I just read the news release again:

"The AquaBus based VorTech interface module will allow for the independent control of multiple pumps."

plus:

"In addition, firmware updates of both the interface and the VorTech pumps as wells as reporting of pump status and diagnostic information is possible. Like all Apex accessories the VorTech Interface Module is also plug-n-play, so setup and configuration is extremely easy."

LL

Reply from clp

Reply from clp

I just received the following e-mail from CLP:

Hi,
Pre-orders will start this week, and shipments will start the week of
April 12th.

Curt

LL

:celeb3:
This week?? That leaves today or tomorrow for them to post pre-order info?? Me want!! :bounce1:

I just received the following e-mail from CLP:

Hi,
Pre-orders will start this week, and shipments will start the week of
April 12th.

Curt

LL

Back