ups delivered my package but...

what can't you get right, marty?

it dawned on me that since this was a saturday delivery (which i paid $15 extra for), this most likely would not have been my regular delivery guy. like i said, he knows me well and brings cookies for the dogs when he knows he's delivering something to me.

hopefully, this scenario will be avoided in the future because i intend to specify "signature required".

yup, he's a cool fish, very friendly and active. he's eating like a horse and when the lights are on, he's always out swimming around. i need to get my lights on a timer as i don't turn them on till i get home from work.

hopefully, this scenario will be avoided in the future because i intend to specify "signature required". .

I was very shocked recently when I got my new snake and it wasn't signature required, the fedex guy threw it on my front steps and ran off. Luckily had been watching the door like a hawk but I couldn't believe it. You'd think it would be a requirement for live shipments, that someone be there. We have an enclosed porch that packages normally are left in so not sure why this guy didn't even bother to do that.

I'm a little happier with LA switching to UPS, only because Fedex comes from a town 2 hours away, they don't have a hub here. The UPS folks do and most of them know me. Haven't had bad service with either really although Fedex lost a few of our packages years ago, same deal, scanned delivered, not sure where they ended up. I hope some neighbor is happy with their salt bucket. Sorry your other wrasse didn't make it, I've lost a few fish to shipping and it sucks.

Does UPS have a hub nearby you? If so you can have it shipped for pickup there and avoid having to wait around for the delivery truck and stressing about whether it will make it. You also avoid the $15 Saturday delivery charge.

So sad to hear about your ordeal with UPS, this is one of those nightmares we go through when ordering on-line. At least you still have one instead of burying the two you ordered, never the less it was probably laziness or stupidity from this driver.

Does UPS have a hub nearby you? If so you can have it shipped for pickup there and avoid having to wait around for the delivery truck and stressing about whether it will make it. You also avoid the $15 Saturday delivery charge.

Heck no, Nina lives in the middle of nowhere.

Just sayin :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1tqxzWdKKu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

well, it isn't THAT bad! think...ma & pa kettle, little house on the prairie, mail comes via pony express, there are trees out in the woods with loungers' names on them because when they are here, they usually just pee outside even though, contrary to popular belief, i DO have indoor plumbing. :eek:

He is stunning!! Sorry that the other boyfriend didn't make it. :(

I'm on the ups sucks bandwagon with you. I ordered LR from Premium & goofed up the zip code because it was shipping to work. 5 days from Indy to ORD & it spent the weekend in a trailer when we were having 100's for temps. I tried calling before it even shipped & ups said they couldn't make the correction in their system & it had to be done at the hub. I've also had herbs for the horse delivered to someone else 3 blocks away. No one keeps those packages, what would you do with 10# of dried Echinacea?! They are just as incompetent with intl shipments as they are with domestic.

i used to spend a small fortune on live mealworms to feed my nesting bluebirds. several times, when i ordered them in the heat of summer (which is when i NEEDED them), they would arrive via ups, baked to a crisp.

the mccosker's is doing great! i think he must have been a pig in his previous life because he sure eats like one!

Am I the only one that prefers UPS over FedEx? FedEx has a bad habit of pawning off packages to the USPS in my area who really destroys packages. FedEx also tends to put off delivering 2nd day and next day stuff a day late and refuse to reimburse the fees.

Am I the only one that prefers UPS over FedEx? FedEx has a bad habit of pawning off packages to the USPS in my area who really destroys packages. FedEx also tends to put off delivering 2nd day and next day stuff a day late and refuse to reimburse the fees.

I think it's just where you happen to live. Most of us seem to live in an area where Fedex is superior to UPS. You happen to live where the opposite is true. Lucky you! ;)

the mccosker's is doing great! i think he must have been a pig in his previous life because he sure eats like one!

That's awesome! :)

Back