ups delivered my package but...

i will NEVER again have something live shipped w/o a signature required!!!

i'm thankful the guy who ended up with it didn't just throw it in his burn barrel. i have only seen him in passing and we have only exchanged the customary 2-finger wave as we pass each other on the country road. yesterday was the first time i had ever met him.

I hate that LiveAquaria opted to go with UPS instead of staying with Fed-Ex. They are an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Same here. I pickup all my shipments from the depot, and Fedex always had them waiting for me up front. When I go over to UPS it takes at least half an hour to locate my box, and the poor box looks like it got into a fight & lost. :angryfire: So, their ineptness isn't just limited to the drivers...

I understand it was a cost saving measure, but I wish LA would give us the option of paying extra for Fedex shipping over UPS.

I understand it was a cost saving measure, but I wish LA would give us the option of paying extra for Fedex shipping over UPS.

that would be an option i would definitely use!

the wrasse darts out to greet me every time i go near the qt. :)

the wrasse darts out to greet me every time i go near the qt. :)

Awesome! And if he's already eating, that's a very good sign. :)

Is LA gonna send you another Carpenter's, or just give refund/credit? Sometimes they give you the option... I have a friend who got a PBT from them DOA. They sent him out another one (no shipping charged).

i gave him brine shrimp because it's junk food. figured he'd rather have a cheeseburger than a bowl of brussel sprouts at this point. later in the evening i put a squirt of mysis in and he ate every bit. :)

i haven't talked to LA about the particulars yet. at this point, i would probably just take a credit. if i get a replacement right away, it'll be at least another week or more and i don't want to have to add that time on to the fish already in qt. with a credit, i will just order another carpenter's when this guy goes into my dt in a few weeks.

crappy cell phone video. this really doesn't do his colors justice!!

Or, you could get your new fish a female (We guys love females) and watch the courtship.

that is something i have been thinking about, steve. while the females aren't quite as striking, it might be fun to watch the interaction. :)

I have a lot of experience with shipping via the corporate world and absolutely avoid UPSl like the plague. FedEx will cost you a few dollars more, but it's worth every single penny... Sorry about your loss, but glad you got one!

Is there an option to pay extra, avoid UPS, and use FedEx on LA?

i called LA this morning, they have already given me a credit. they rock!!!

when i replace the lost fish, i will ask about fed-x instead of you-people-suck (ups).

Just speculating, but I would be very surprised to see an option to ship Fed-Ex. They likely have a contracted deal with UPS to get the low rates, and am guessing part of the contract is that they can't ship using other companies.

Again, just pure speculation. Hopefully I am wrong!

I haven't ordered from LA/DD since the switch to UPS.

Nina, you've got me a bit scared, although I have to say the UPS driver on my route is a good guy. Most of the damage seems to be done at the sort hubs, at least in my neck of the woods. Sorry your UPS guy is a numbnutz.

P.S.... you're gonna love that McCoskers. I had one till I had a kalkwasser disaster. Mr. Personality for sure.

Back