Used LED lights

tizzy2244

How does everyone feel about buying used LED lights from eBay or a source like that? I have been looking at Radions and wasn't sure how old is too old...
There's a great deal on to xr30's for 575. But they are 7 yrs old 2nd gen. There are others online but they are much more expensive... I have a 1000 budget and was just about to pull the trigger on Kessil ap700. Checked the reviews and pulled out, ease lmk your thoughts...
Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I don't really have an issue buying used anything in this hobby, so long as you trust the source. My tank, stand, heater, and sump were bought new, but everything else in and supporting my tank was used.
That said, not all used gear is priced right. Radions have evolved quite a bit from the early generations. You might be able to get a good deal on a newer generation if you shop around. Look for local reef facebook groups in the short term. As you read and post here, the classified section will open up. Read through prior sales of what you want and you can get a good baseline for prices.

I run T5s and never researched Radions. I know they hold their value well, but have no idea what a fair price would be.

Really appreciate the feedback. Does anyone know if I would be able to use a hydra LED light from the UK in the USA? I know I'll need a new power supply but didn't know if the guts of the Hydra were any different if it was bought in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back