Vinyl tubing or PVC tubing for overflow?


New member
Trying to quiet down my overflow on my back drilled 75 gal tank. I currently have 1 inch PVC tubing with a ball valve.

What does everyone else like to use?


New member
I am also using hard PVC. Bu my tank is upstairs and I am rarely up there so the noise doesn't bother me. I guess we will see if that changes the beginning of next year when I move everything down stairs.


New member
Working with one drain sucks.i have this problem to but I can't do anything about it, ideally you would want one full syphon drain adjusted with gate valve and a second drain where water barely goes through for an emergency if valve /drain gets clogged.a full su phone 1 inch pvc or flex you wouldn't hear the water noise. Is the noise where water enters or exits?