Water Change station remodel

Very interesting Ted. Thx for the info. I sure didn't budget for exspensive scales :( . Currently I'm over budget already by about $500 :( I didn't plan on a new RO system then i added booster pump ang 2nd membrain upgrade I didn't plan either. I will test the lines on the barrels to c how close they r to correct.

Do yourself and your Ro canisters a favor. Place the booster pump after the carbon and directly before the membrane. I have received many emergency calls from non clients who are looking for a replacement canister because theirs blew out and created a flood situation. Even the high pressure clear-blue units can let go if the carbon block gets clogged up and you push 70+ psi through them.

I was messing around with my system one day and found that 120psi is the max limit it can hold as the lines started to pop out and spray water everywhere.

Do yourself and your Ro canisters a favor. Place the booster pump after the carbon and directly before the membrane. I have received many emergency calls from non clients who are looking for a replacement canister because theirs blew out and created a flood situation. Even the high pressure clear-blue units can let go if the carbon block gets clogged up and you push 70+ psi through them.

A day late on this info :)

Thx pedro still have to setup the auto water changer but this is going to save me so much time and hopefully help my tank out in the long run

I know. So this way would keep contact time longer with carbons but benefit the membrane for the higher pressure? Any down sides?

Hey Roger. Here is a stupid question but I need to know as I'm slowly working on my setup. How did you put the bulkheads in to the lowest part of the barrel? Do you have to reach deep inside the barrel?

A long bar with a 90 deg bend in it. Put the bulkhead on the hook and push till it gets into the hole. Screw it on from the outside it will tighten down. Then use a wrench to tighten down an extra 1/4 turn.

I just want to express how freaking envious I am that your home has the ability to accommodate such an awesome man made wonder.

I absolutely hate lugging in an empty 55 gallon brute trash can into my home every week.

It isn't that much of a pain but your set up is absolutely ideal for the advanced aquarist.

Good show .. .. .. Glad to know you!

Thx so much bobby. I have wanted this setup for years. I could have setup a nice new tank for the cost but I'm very happy with it and it will last for 10 plus years so worth it.

Here is what the inside of the salt mix container looks like. The bottom bulkhead points down to help mix the salt. The top one is pointed mostly to make a circular motion in the cylinder but it points slightly down also.

Now it's perfect.... Had to fix my mistake. I guess that's what happens when u do projects on no sleep in the middle of the night when the baby is finally sleeping :)

I still have to mount the power strip on the top right above the water. When I moved 90 gal from the RO to the salt water side it took less then 1 min. The pump is working great!!!

roger that looks awesome...

Thx I put a lot of thought in this one. Now I need time to get the setup automated for my ATO and auto water changer connected. Hoses r all run I just have to calibrate it and mount it then set how much to change out each day.

Back