Water Change station remodel

Glad to see you changed the plumbing on the pump end...Was wondering why you would draw water from the middle of the vat and return to the bottom? Though it had something to do with this auto w/c system.

Looking good nice design. The only suggestion I gave is to add another valve just above the line that goes to the trash can. This would make things a little easier to shut off the flaw back to the storage tank as you would only have 1 to close vs 2.

Wow, this is so ideal for anyone with a large reef tank. Very nice Roger.

Thx. I'm very excited!!

Looking good nice design. The only suggestion I gave is to add another valve just above the line that goes to the trash can. This would make things a little easier to shut off the flaw back to the storage tank as you would only have 1 to close vs 2.

Thx I will think about adding that.

Made my first batch of salt today. Mixed well and quickly. Since I haven't had time to setup autowater changer had to do the old fashion way with a hose running from new water to sump. I didn't know they made different connections on spickets. My hose wouldn't attach to it. I guess I need to go get a different spicket. Maybe I will have time to calibrate the pumps and get them setup today.

Well I have a 50 ft food grade hose been using for years. Use the ones that r used on RV's. For some reason that hose wouldn't match threads to the new Spigot on this new setup. Thx for spelling. Knew I was wrong :)

Well I have a 50 ft food grade hose been using for years. Use the ones that r used on RV's. For some reason that hose wouldn't match threads to the new Spigot on this new setup. Thx for spelling. Knew I was wrong :)

All the ones ive seen have metal connectors. Not an issue I guess?

it is a blue line 70HD. If u r coming to meeting Saturday u could check it out in person.

Forget that. I see u r not local to r club :) feel free to ask any question. Be glad to help in any way I can.

Roger

Last edited:
Roger are you going to paint in the gallon markings? If so please update pics.

Now it's perfect.... Had to fix my mistake. I guess that's what happens when u do projects on no sleep in the middle of the night when the baby is finally sleeping :)

I still have to mount the power strip on the top right above the water. When I moved 90 gal from the RO to the salt water side it took less then 1 min. The pump is working great!!!

yes that will be on my list to do things. I need to get the autors changer and a couple other things done first but yes I will do that.

Final go ato and kalk working from new containers. No more hose running through my house to fill holding containers! !!

Last thing to do is setup auto water changer!!! Almost done

Do you use the external pump for circulation after the mixing of the salt batch is complete or do you just aerate the water that is being stored?

Back