Water Change station remodel

Do you use the external pump for circulation after the mixing of the salt batch is complete or do you just aerate the water that is being stored?

They say the water is fine for a couple weeks with out any movement. I have always done that but this time I'm going to try and just aerate it. I think I'm going to add an air check valve to the top of each barrel to allow pressure to escape. I also have an extra dc8 that I can add to the apex and I may set the pump to mix the water for a couple min a few times a day also.

I know it's not part of the title water change but it is a remodel. I have been running a custom made co2 scrubber but now I made it look better. It's the 3 canisters on the far right. The 1st one will have air grade carbon. This will protect against what ever fumes maybe in the garage. The new 2 have color changing co2 absorbing media in this. This runs to the I tech skimmer I am running in my sump about 50ft of hose.

The liter meter should be here next week will get the autowater changer connected. I have already run all the tubing for it just need the unit back from spectrapure!!!

I also still need to mount the power strip on the top right of the mounting board.

Water changer setup. Got the litermeter III back from spectrapure. It was easy to calibrate and set to 3 gallons a day to automatically change out! It will change out 90 gallons per month at this rate.

I will try and get some final pictures posted soon.

Ok the liter meter and the remote pump mounded near the PVC pipe.

Not the fancy way but drilled holes in the frame of the tank and they just slide into the holes to hold them in place. It works great

Ok you can't leave us with that. What would do differently :p

Coming out of the bulkhead on each barrel I would use a T fitting instead and put a Spicket. So I would have 3 Spicket 1 gravity feed on each barrel and then the 1 that is pump driven and could be used for salt or fresh water.

I know it's not part of the title water change but it is a remodel. I have been running a custom made co2 scrubber but now I made it look better. It's the 3 canisters on the far right. The 1st one will have air grade carbon. This will protect against what ever fumes maybe in the garage. The new 2 have color changing co2 absorbing media in this. This runs to the I tech skimmer I am running in my sump about 50ft of hose.

The liter meter should be here next week will get the autowater changer connected. I have already run all the tubing for it just need the unit back from spectrapure!!!

I also still need to mount the power strip on the top right of the mounting board.

Excellent job, this is one of the more impressive water change station builds I have come across. Could I ask you how tall this is? And do you have a rubber isolation pad, or small rubber feet pads, under the pump?

Auto Top Off and Auto Water Change

Auto Top Off and Auto Water Change

Just sharing my set up. Still have to install the AWC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I just spoke with Glen from Glenn Industries - getting my first set of these tomorrow.

Thanks for the how-to roger!

I just spoke with Glen from Glenn Industries - getting my first set of these tomorrow.

Thanks for the how-to roger!

No problem. Enjoy them they r awesome. Tell glen i said hi. Hes a good guy if you want ant holes in them come with your plans he will drill them and install what ever u want in them!!!

Roger

purchase complete - the tanks are sitting in my garage - waiting to get worked on.

$468 all said and done - $195 each for the 90 gallon containers, $12 each for 4 1" bulk heads.

Is there a reason you elevated your barrels so high above the pump rather than just putting them on a mat or something like that?

Just so i could fit a 5 gal bucket under the spicket with oht turning pumps on just in case i wanted to get water that way for anything

Back