Wave2k's are here!

Did you exceed your bandwidth allotment, you naughty boy? It says "Server too busy- Due to current high demand, the page you are looking for cannot be delivered right now."

I wanna see it! Me me me!

Ben

the page you are looking for cannot be delivered right now."

I got the same message too. What I did is right click on the link and then downloaded the mov file by clicking on save target as.

They sure look good.

iceman716238 - that a H. magnifica anemone (aka Ritteri). Its been with me for over two years now. If you noticed, some of the tentacle tips are swollen like a bubble tip... this happened about two months ago and I have no idea why.

I will try to have some more shots of the tank up tomorrow. Most of my SPS corals are on the other side of the tank.

John

I have to say it looks great, are there different sizes, my tnak is 60"x18"x24"h, since I just got 18" this wave2k unit seems in the video at least 4" to 6" inch leaving me 12" clearence as I guess. plus asuming I have it in the center, that forces me to have corner overflows, that also measure 6". So if I have 2 corner overflows plus the wave2k unit spanning acroos my tank, I guess I'll have to change my tank for a 60"x24"x"24" right? 12" of clearence in the tank looks like so little to alocate live rock and all the living stock in the tank, are my thoughts right or am I exagerating?
Other question, I only se turbulence from the front of the wave2k unit, does it generates lateral turbulence also?

thanks SaltwaterKid,
the movie looks great. can't wait to get mine.
and thanks Sedgro for bringing us the movie and insight.

Help me out a little here, because I know very little about these things...

In the video, where exactly is the water coming out from the box? Top, bottom, sides???? I Can't tell.

Thanks,
Mike

Well, since the video download doesn't seem to be working... what are your opinions of the unit now that it has been running a few days? Does it meet/exceed your expectations? Any noticiable behavioural differences in your livestock? Anything at all for a typed report on the unit would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Keith.

Keith,

I couldn't get the link to work either, but if you right click on the link and save it to your desktop, you can run it from there. That worked for me and a bunch of people here.

Mike

Do you think this would be strong enough to use on the 12" side of a 4' tank?? Would the "waves" travel the length of the tank???

I wouldn't think it'd reach the far side of a 4' tank with any real velocity, but I may be wrong. I'd imagine it would push water that far, but it'd be going to slow by then. I'm coming up with my own solution for powerful wavemaking in my 90 gallon, which involves a mag 2400. :D I'll post when I get it working.

Joe

People: The answers to such questions such as: How many would I need for "x" size tank? What are the dimensions? Does it produce lateral flow?......can pretty much all be answered from the site: www.wave2k.com

The site takes care of most of this basic information, and even includes a section as to what type of unit and how many you would need for various tank sizes based on what type of flow you are looking for.

As far as the video link, I cannot even right click and save it to my desktop--my computer keeps saying that it's unable to even access the internet sight to retrieve the file.

Still can't get it to download. If someone e-mails it to me I will post it on my site (if that is OK with Sedgro)

YGM w/ the wave2k.mov. :D

Others who can't download it, e-mail me and I will e-mail it to you.

I hope they hold up.

I've played with a couple of DIY jack actuated plunger devices (I'm guessing that is what a W2K is) that worked great for a while and then had wear problems.

If they work for several years with few problems the cost is really pretty good.

I love the concept. Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ve been looking for a way to create surges that donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t use traumatic pumps. I'm a little disappointed with what I see from the movie. It looks like a turbulent flow opposed to a laminar flow. I would be interested in seeing the other parts of your tank that are not in the direct path of the unit. So tell us what you think about the units. I havenââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t seen any good posts about what your opinions are.

Back