we have drip

I will say this. As much as I'm considering them as a possibility, they were, initially, a PITA to get a response from. Lang actually did a computer mock up for me and Tim at ABC was able to get a price from there. I guess they don't have time to entertain everyones pipe dreams and whims. But, they could be a little forthcoming with ballpark figures.

As for your wife, I meant $2-3 hundred.....

PF 300 BLK MARINE RR TANK 7236 from royal
list 1723.95
cost 1379.16
same but starfire
L 1896.34
C 1517.08

they also make a 265
PF 265GAL TANK BLACK 84X24X30

L 1533.78
C 1227.02

FWIW, I bugged Miracles for a quote for several weeks via phone and email before being told that they weren't interested in giving me a quote, and I should "go through a distributor." I like their work but they DO seem tough to deal with.

Regarding the Perfecto DD tanks, they do look attractive, but - someone correct me if I'm wrong - they're only available with two corner overflows, which strikes me as rather restrictive.

FWIW Boston Beer Co. is a publicly-traded company (ticker: SAM). Jim Koch is the biggest shareholder as well as the chairman of the board. They haven't been bought or sold otherwise.

thanks for that info, Andy!
Regarding the Perfecto DD tanks, they do look attractive, but - someone correct me if I'm wrong - they're only available with two corner overflows, which strikes me as rather restrictive.
I'm fairly sure (but not positive) you can order DD's with different overflow placement OR without any corner overflows at all.

Thanks for all of the other info, everyone :)

That is correct. DD tanks are slightly customizable with regard to overflow placement and/or the complete lack thereof.

I had researched it thru ABC Reefs. That was the info they passed on to me. Option of corners, or end corners to do peninsula set up, or no overflows at all.

Miracles gave me the runaround when I tried to deal with them myself. I ended up ordering it through ABC Reefs who they consider a dealer. The price was way lower and the communication seemed a little better

maybe work a deal with petworld ? that dd tank has been sitting for a while. 30 inches vs 36 ? shouldn't be that hard to sell. i've been lying to my wife about a few inches here or there for years:smokin::smokin:

I don't think the aquarium at Petworld is 72" long....

I want to stick to 72" because of my existing lighting.
I don't want corner/factory overflows.
I want a 'plain jane' that's 72" long and no taller than 30".
Width can be 24", 30" or 36".

its possible the prices vary from vender to vender and if they have a deal or special discount going on... that is what it is/was from down here....

Back