well i went to Greenwich aquaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
and were is everyone getting 40 the price was 45 and i said the kid did not call him some kid. man its like the game were one person whispers a story in another person ear until and so on until the story come back to the original teller and its completely different.

Dude if you were willing to pay $35 why not just pay $40 and have your dream fish? You were already there. Now you either have to waste gas driving around to find one, or pay online shipping.

I don't know who is more lame- you for complaining about the price of a fish, or me for contributing to this thread on a beautiful Saturday morning. Good luck finding your fish.

like i said i was already out that way was not driving around wasting gas and the purpose of this thread was my general impression of the shop i felt all there things were way over priced sorry for giving my opinion.

wait didnt you just say i should of paid the 45 asking price for the fish yet you paid 25 for a 75 leather:hmm6:

it wasnt attatched to anything we we have to attatch it ourselves and like i said i spoke to the owner. i didnt need the leather that badly and did not bargain with him. he offered the discounted price on his own accord. im saying if you really wanted this fish in my opinion it would have been worth it to bite the bullet for 5 dollars more than your asking price. especially since you have been searching for a while and seem to want this fish very much. thats all.

like i said i was already out that way was not driving around wasting gas and the purpose of this thread was my general impression of the shop i felt all there things were way over priced sorry for giving my opinion.

im just giving my opinion of the shop as well. if we all had the same opinion this hobby would be very boring and there wouldnt be any need for a forum and a lot of places would be out of buisness. there is no need to be sorry for your opinion just like i have no need to be sorry for my own.

Just to forewarn you Mike, the dragon face pipes don't have that much yellow. That pic from LA looks like they played with the tint a bit to make it more yellow... look at the yellow epoxy to the right of the fish, the yellow algae growth on the rocks, and the yellow glow to the brown palys at the bottom. Their markings are somewhat subdued and you really won't notice the yellow unless you're looking at them with a macro lens. I've got two in my 180 that I've had for about a year and I can barely see the yellow unless they're right up against the glass.

IMG_7360.jpg

You're the consumer Mike, you are the customer and the customer is always right. I think had they let the fish go for say 30 bucks or 35 instead of you walking away unhappy, you'd be instantly a repeat customer. Just goes to show business practices of certain companies. This is not a hobby that you turn away business in, because pretty much every customer is a repeat customer if they're happy. A good LFS is few and far between.
+90%...you had me, except that the customer is NOT always right...
But IMO/E mtc was 100% right to walk, if he was not treated 'right'. The reason these stores continue to get away with their 'rip off' pricing is because of the people that don't know any better, and pay the price!

When I'm in Greenwich, I stop by GA and HoF...but rarely buy anything...especially when Maximum Reefs in nearby Yonkers NY offers almost wholesale pricing on all of their livestock!

thanks for the info Swannyson do you know where yours were from Fiji or Indonesia ? and do you know if there is any difference between them other then price?

I believe Joe got mine in an Indo shipment. As far as I know, the patterning is a bit different, but I don't believe there's an abundance of yellow in the Fiji specimen compared the the ones from Indonesia

I believe Joe got mine in an Indo shipment. As far as I know, the patterning is a bit different, but I don't believe there's an abundance of yellow in the Fiji specimen compared the the ones from Indonesia

okay thanks Joe has been looking for one for me . but after being called lame by someone i believe represents his store not sure if i want to buy there now . i may be wrong on that though.

Yes, the time you are wasting/haggling over a few dollars is laughable. Pull the trigger and you could be watching it wander your tank this weekend. But there could be a deal right around the corner and Iphone 6 will be better than Iphone 5. Enjoy the time you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back