What are these??

mallyk

I have just visited my parents 75 gal tank, after not seeing it for a couple months...

These things have taken over the rock.. (the little brown things) and the corals do everything to avoid them... i'm guessing they bought a coral, or piece of rock with a couple on it, and they spread everywhere...! I have never had them in any of my tanks.. so i'm clueless.. they remind me of an anenome though...

dadsreef5.jpg

What the heck are they? And how can I get rid of them?? Sorry for the bad picture... best I could get !

Thanks for your help! :)

look like manjo anenomes to me. may want to hit them up with some Joe's Juice. but wait for someone to confirm :D

I'm not sure what they are, but I have some. I think they are kinda cool. I call them anemone polyps or colony anemones. I got one intentionally from my lfs. THe guy said it was a kind of aiptasia and asked if I wanted him to "pluck him off." I figured if I decide it's a nuissance, I'll do the plucking! They are pretty good size and easy to get a hold of if you want to remove them. I target feed mine!

Back