What dehumidifier is recommended?

d-man

I need a wall mount dehumidifier to keep my hopefully soon to be large tank(750g) cabinet build from destroying the house. It will be installed above the tank with access to a window for drainage.
Thanks

It's hanging in one of the rooms in an unfinished basement. It's a workhorse and removes a lot of water from the air.

+1 on the Aprilaire.
5 year warranty to boot.
They do however put out modest heat and some are rated for the whole house so they can be remotely located.

Installed a Santa Fe one (the compact) 7 months ago and couldn't be happier. The heat generated is low as well.

These are all wall mounted? Like I said the cabinet with the tank will be floor to ceiling faced. The tank will be covering a window, so I need the dehumidifier unit above the window to allow the heat and water to escape. The tank will be built from plywood and the front will be glass. The hole tank will have nothing viewable other than the front pane. I don't want all that humidity that 700g can produce to just stay locked behind the cabinet of a wood tank, wall, cabinetry components, etc.ill have window fans drawing air out and bringing new air in but don't think that will be enough given the amount of water and evaporation all locked back there

Nope sure can't. I don't want to do anything extreme to the wall so that down the road it is a simple fix of just patching a few nail holes or basic spackle repair

Back