What do you feed your fish?

My clownfish get NLS pellets almost exclusively. They're spawning regularly, so it's working. I'll throw some DIY frozen (shrimp, clam, fish, scallop, etc) at them once a week or so.

A mix of frozen mysis, birne, blooworms and cylopeeze;2x per day.
Plus. nori, spirulina flakes ,krill and Prime Reef Flake every other day one feeding.
Coral frenzy, small amounts once a week.

It's a lot over 2 ounces of frozen per day for the large system but fish are vibrant and long lived and corals benefit too. I'm clearly a heavy feeder.

Nutrients are controlled with vodka and vinegar which also add bacteria to the food web along with skimming and GAC.

I do thaw and rinse the frozen foods and broadcast feed them with a small turkey baster. The rinse will not make too much difference in phospahte but I thaw in tap water to disinfect any vibrio bacteria lingering.

I like to mix it up for them. Frozen Mysis,cyclops & bloodworms. i recently hatched out some brine shrimp and raisied them about half way to adults. Some of them are still in there.
Plus different kinds of flakes and occasionally some fresh veggies

Nothing. I haven't fed my tank in months. My system is small, though... just a mystery wrasse and a lawnmower blenny.

It's basically a self-supporting system - I just keep up with water changes.

NLS Therea A for 8 years..... Wet Pets in Pittsburgh told me it was the best and I believed them...... Still do!

Also some Rods and mysis.

Sea Veggies for the Tangs

Mix of shrimp, clams, mysis, cyclopeze, seaweed, Selcon, spirulina flakes, #2 pellets, rinsed and zapped in the blender. Feeds corals and all size fish. I flatten it in a 1 quart ziploc, freeze and break off as needed.

Back