What do YOU want in a club

sirreal63

Go Spurs Go!!!
Premium Member
We are asking the people who frequent this new forum to tell us the things you would like to see in a club. What we want are your ideas on events that would be fun and informative.

The rules of this this thread are simple...ask no questions, just voice your ideas on what would make the club better for you and the group. This is a fact finding thread only. We actually want your ideas and are offering the opportunity for you to be instrumental in the direction that this club goes.

Sounds like fun doesn't it? Please keep it civil and respectful. :)

More hands on.......
More meeting......

Don't make it feel like a chore.
For instance "Every 6th day of the month we meet"

Be a little spontaneous

Make the meeting not so.....be there and be gone.
Make it worth the trip and worth the time.

Not everything has to be totally reef related either.

suggest social time following the meeting, i.e. BBQ, pizza, etc

frag/livestock/equp auction/trade at each meeting (we did this and its great)

find out where everyone's expertise is so they can help others...i.e. "jason" is good at plumbing, darren at electrical stuff, etc

main thing is social and informal setting that is not intimidating, but still gets the job done

Tank of the month contest. Photo of the month contest and so on. Like what was suggested before.

What about tank tours? I'm always interested in seeing how others approach putting together their systems and such, and the variety.

On a given meeting date, if two or three willing reefers were located close enough to one another the group could tour their tanks. Could be coordinated so that people didn't arrive en masse, perhaps along the lines of a house tour or open house.

I like more "social" and less "meeting". There is a wealth of knowledge here that is, many times, easier to benefit from in a less formal atmosphere. More friendly :)

No three pages of bylaws. I dont want to be part of a formal organization, but rather a club whose purpose is to have fun and learn from others.

Frag growth contests. Everyone gets a frag and three month later we submit pics of it

Posted wish list. If I knew who wanted green star polops right now I have tons to just give away.

Phone list and locations of other reefers. I have no idea, other than Roy, who lives near me.

No "us" and "them"

Wet T-shirt contests for local girls (but we MUST use saltwater!!!)

Okay I think Im out of ideas

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6966963#post6966963 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stlouisguy

This is starting to sound really good! :lol:

A club that is equally comfortable for both genders... rather than feeling too much like a boys' club.

:rolleyes:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967728#post6967728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ocicat
A club that is equally comfortable for both genders... rather than feeling too much like a boys' club.

:rolleyes:
Ditto and thank you.

ah, I knew the ladies would LOVE the wet t-shirt angle. We could have nook and capncapo dance around in their assorted leopard print wear to even things out. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967745#post6967745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shooter7
ah, I knew the ladies would LOVE the wet t-shirt angle. We could have nook and capncapo dance around in their assorted leopard print wear to even things out. :D
Throw in a lap dance and you're on.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967745#post6967745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shooter7

There's not enough money in the world! Besides, at my advanced age I could break a hip! :D

A reef buddy program where people are paired up to a newbie or new member. Help them acclimate not be so shy make sure they have met and know everyone. Neighbors, friends, mentors.

A buddy sign up, and a new member sign up. Just a thought.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6967785#post6967785 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by capncapo
There's not enough money in the world! Besides, at my advanced age I could break a hip! :D

Greg I would pay you not to do it. :lol:

Hmmm

I would like to see the Club that has some really good quality carpenters, drywallers, painters, plumbers that are free, and that they can come over help get my basement done so I can get my tank up :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6966963#post6966963 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stlouisguy

That probly would cause a rash, it would be the best worst wet -T shirt contest ever.

Putting my creativity and reef keeping skills together I suggest using COLD RO WATER.

Back