what would your dream controller do??

As I read everyones post and think Yes I would like that and that. I realized that the the thing I love about this hobby is the work it takes to do it. If it would be just a push of the button then it wouldn't have near the enjoyment. It might look great but not near as fullfilling. So I guess the only thing that I need more automatic is the button that spits out money so I dont have to work as many hours to pay for this hobby.

Just something that full automates the tank and is customizable if anything ever needs changing. Alerts, dosing, temps, etc. Honestly most everything feasible in a controller has already been put into higher end controllers. The biggesest thing these lack is a variety in chemical tests/

Measurements: (not sure if there even are electrical probes for all of these but if there were I would buy them )
Tank Temp
Room Temp
SG
pH
ORP
O2
Alk
Calcium
Nitrate
Phosphate
Magnesium

Control:
All lights, MH and VHO or T5 and dimming
Moonlights, and be able to control moon phase for time of month
Temperature (chiller/heater) and be able to vary temperature for time of year
Auto dose Cal/Kalk
Auto dose Mg
Auto control of ozone
"Settings" for feeding or acclimating
Don't really care if it has wavemaker, etc., now that Vortec pumps are out
Don't care too much for video but it would be nice

All viewable and configurable via ethernet and internet
Auto data/graph logging (all parameters measured)
Also, agree with one box to plug it all into (with GFCI built in)

Yep...thats all I can think of at the moment!

I am in the process of building a 180 reef tank. Currently I have control over lighting, carbon reactor, phosban reactor, closed loop both pump and valves, protien skimmer, and the return pump. Also I get Ph and Temp info from the tank currently. There is a 12 inch table top touchscreen which I am using for the user interface, once the funds become more available it will be able to be controlled from any computer, smart phone, and even an IPhone. Things left on the wish list.

Variable Control of Actinic LEDs
Control and Feedback from Calcium Reactor (do not own a Calcium Reactor yet)
Moisture sensing for emergency shutdown (have the sensor just havent had time)

Hey Stupes,

Have you made your own touchscreen GUI software or do you have it linked to a commercial controller like a profilux????

Im really interested in getting my diy controller to a GUI but i have no software experiance.

VR

Back