what you think

Thanks for tank compliments. How come you think ny has reef issues? Lack of product? Too far from la and calif? Its interesing you say that. Over the years you would be shocked what ive had to do to ensure good coral product including setting up and funding wholesalers in cali and bringing relationships to lfs in ny

Well i wouldnt say lack of product is much of an issue anymore now compare to 10 years ago with people shipping things from across the country with low fatality rates. But i live in a small town in upstate newyork where the fish shops are medicore in comparison to some of the great shops ive seen in nyc rochester buffulo ect. And id imagine to do something this large of a scale you must of gotten at least some help from fellow reefers along with some people who could help with finding supplies or what ever else that might of been needed for that project to be done. Especially when it comes to the variety of sps corals you have. Sure some online sites are great but its hard to judge how a coral will turn out just from a picture.

There are few key stores around me in new york area. Absolute fish in clifton nj is awsome and they call me when corals come in and put on stuff on hold for me. Decent store in nyc by the lincoln tunnel so that and nj is one trip. Theres house of fins in grwenich, ct. And country critters in long island. Those guys make special orders for me directky from cali via walt smith in fiji.. I sure do miss reefermadness. I used to buy tons there and shipped to the local fedx drop off on fridays

Im aware of all of those stores and they are fantastic been going to them for years. My father got me into the hobby and well make road trips down there to buy corals from each of those places and country critters for fish. Do you ever do guest visits we would love to check out your system personally sometime if given the opportunity/

Simply amazing system. I also see the great aquascape and impeccable (dont use that word often) coral placement.

One thing and its not to knock your photography work but seeing as you have most likely spent so much money, sweat and tears on this tank you should go out and get it professionally photographed and videos too.....I just know your tank would shine that much more with top notch photography.

oh and here is my ulterior motive.....make sure you share~!

Breakbeats. Cant see it cause in next 2 years these corals will be moved to tank 3 times the size. Ill need all that growth. On other hand, it mightbstrt getting unruley in this one. Cant see shipping either. Maybe i should consider having an open house tour some day.

update on vodka vinegar dosing . in week 4 started at 5ml and now at 13ml of vodka and 33ml of vinegar a day nitratates have gone from 5ppm to just under 2ppm . i have feeling next increase or 2 she will be near zero and my maintemence dose will be close to 11ml vodka and 25ml vinegar . i still use a large cheto ball in an 80 gallon plumbed in tank hit with halide light and i run a reasonable size dsb in main tank ...does anyone know if i wait for the nitrates to go exactly zero like no color at all in test or just lower than the first cube on lamotte kit even though there might be some color

got home from vacation and bleached somw beautiful coral had to bring dn vodka dose from effective 16ml per day to now near 11 . all coral is now great with crazt color and pe the best its been no3 still around 2ppm p04 near 0

Back