What's the general opinion on ATI's coral plus T5 bulb?

Interesting indeed!! Okay,.... I have the Wave Point 4 bulb T-5. What ATI's would ya'll think would be the best? I am currently running 2 12k's and 2 actinic blues.
I'm wanting the crisp blue look.
I recently bought the Wave Point moonlight system to fit but it looks more like the actinics to me.
Any thoughts?

Ive been wanting to try the C+ bulb but Id have to order it online since no LFS locally carry ATI C+ bulbs. Next time I order but Im not paying $30+ for 1 bulb.

Interesting indeed!! Okay,.... I have the Wave Point 4 bulb T-5. What ATI's would ya'll think would be the best? I am currently running 2 12k's and 2 actinic blues.
I'm wanting the crisp blue look.
I recently bought the Wave Point moonlight system to fit but it looks more like the actinics to me.
Any thoughts?

I would try 3 ATI B+ and 1 P+. Pick up a Coral + as well to play with.

I'm currently using 2 ati coral plus and 2 ati blue. Both 48" 54watt to light a 55 gallon. I'm very happy with my purchase

I switched from 3 Blue Plus and 1 Purple Plus and instead use 2 Blue Plus, 1 Purple Plus and 1 Coral Plus and I am very happy with the new setup. My previous combination was more of a 20k look and this is closer to 14k. I guess it dials down to personal preference. I was initially worried that this combo would yield too much red light and look a little strange, but it's actually a great balance. I strongly recommend the Coral Plus bulb if you are looking to integrate a 14k bulb into your setup. As far as I am concerned they may as well retire the Aquablue Special, the coral plus is a much better option.

Coral + is one sweet bulb. I'm currently running front to back on 75g---

Blue+
Coral +
Blue+
A Special

I like the crisp bright white look in the water column & this gives me that without losing the pop on my corals.

I was previously running 2 blue+ & 2 AB Specials

I hated 3 blue + & one A special---Too dark & blue

I hated 2 blue+ one KZ purple & one special---Too dark & blue

Most people like more blue, but to me it gives a fake look to the corals & is too dark.

Cato, not trying to hijack your thread, but I was doing a search because in the last year since I last replaced my bulbs, I came across this one myself as a new option. Does anyone have any opinion on a 4 bulb setup? I currently run 2 blue+, 1 aquablue, and 1 purple+, thinking about switching the aquablue to the coral plus this time. color is biggest concern for me.

Cato, not trying to hijack your thread, but I was doing a search because in the last year since I last replaced my bulbs, I came across this one myself as a new option. Does anyone have any opinion on a 4 bulb setup? I currently run 2 blue+, 1 aquablue, and 1 purple+, thinking about switching the aquablue to the coral plus this time. color is biggest concern for me.

In what ways does color concern you? I'm extremely happy with my the Coral + bulb

In what ways does color concern you? I'm extremely happy with my the Coral + bulb

Sol, That may have came out wrong. What I mean is that color is my biggest priority and want, I'm less concerned with growth rates, etc. I did just go ahead and order the Coral + over the aquablue, worst that can happen is i have an extra bulb :)

I just got my Coral Plus' in. I LOVE THEM!! I was running (6 bulb fixture) 2 blue pluses 2 aquablues, 1 actinic and 1 purple plus. The aquablue specials were washing out the colors on some of the corals. I now run 3 blue plus, 2 coral plus and one Purple Plus. This is the closest I've ever come to my old Phoenix 14k MH bulb I miss so much. The color is slightly bluer than the aquablue's but with out washing out my pretty rainbow rics. Here is my order front to back:

(A= dusk dawn, B= Main lights)

Coral Plus - A
Purple Plus - B
Blue Plus - B
Blue Plus - B
Blue Plus - A
Coral Plus - B

I love this line up so far and can't ever imagine I'll use a aquablue special again once I realized it was the culprit in washing out my coral colors.

Sol, That may have came out wrong. What I mean is that color is my biggest priority and want, I'm less concerned with growth rates, etc. I did just go ahead and order the Coral + over the aquablue, worst that can happen is i have an extra bulb :)

It's a great bulb and more than likely you'll keep in your lineup. Good luck

Thanks Sol! I ended up going with the Blue, Purple, Coral, Blue setup and I LOVE it! Definitely going to keep this bulb in my array going forward!

Glad it worked out for you.
I wonder what the retailers are going to do with all the ABs now that the coral+ is out? HMMMMMMM.......... :)

It took me awhile to find this thread! Wow things get buried quickly here.
I am interested in these lights. I want more of the blue hue, but I am also wanting coral growth.
I saw the reply and will try the 3 B+, P+ and C+.
Does anyone have pics of their setups with these lights? Lol
Good for SPS?

Last edited:
I have a 6 bulb ATI sunpower fixture and I have the following.

front to back

Blue+
Blue+
Purple+
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+

I think my set up is overly blue. Im going to change one of the blue+ bulbs out for another coral+ and see what it looks like.

I have a 6 bulb ATI sunpower fixture and I have the following.

front to back

Blue+
Blue+
Purple+
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+

I think my set up is overly blue. Im going to change one of the blue+ bulbs out for another coral+ and see what it looks like.

Maybe spread the blue out a little.
B+
P+
B+
C+
B+
B+

Back