where to get medical grade CO2?

lol, haha didn't realize there was an airgas near me. I've been driving to Praxair in Ontario for mine. How are the prices for airgas Tony?

I got my 5lb filled for $17, it includes like all sorts of disposal fee's and such, environmental fee's, you know. :)

sweet. cheaper than what i pay for medical grade co2 at praxair. I'll give airgas a shot on the next refill.

oooh i didnt know praxair was medical grade. I doubt the quality of the CO2 is important anyway...so why not go with the airgas stuff :p

Wow those prices are a little high to me. I swap out my 20 lb co2 tank at the airgas in rancho cucamonga and it cost me approx $13 after tax.

Guys the med grade is the same as the food and welding grade. We use 25,000 - 50,000 pounds of this stuff at work each day, I know a little about it.

I also get my tank filled at the Airgas in RC..I think I pay about 8.50 for my 10 pounder.

You beat me to it Mark, for a CA reactor C02 is C02. I was actually using the stuff from Coke for a year!

Calling CO2 Medical grade is kind of like calling Calcium Hydroxide Reef\aquarium grade. The cost is the only difference:eek2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6874763#post6874763 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by golfish
Calling CO2 Medical grade is kind of like calling Calcium Hydroxide Reef\aquarium grade. The cost is the only difference:eek2:

I get mine from a place near Burbank Airport. It looks like they fill all their different CO2 tanks from the same source.

I forgot to post the link...I go to:

California Tool & Welding Supply (1 block from Santa Ana DMV)
1004 E 1st St, Santa Ana, CA
(714) 836-7327

You can swap them out or they will refill your own cylinder. I bought my cylinder for a pretty reasonable price from http://www.aquatic-store.com/

the co2 cylinders are drop-shipped from a company in O.C. so if you e-mail Marc he can arrange for them to will-call your cylinder...an additional benefit is no tax because aquatic-store is back east somewhere.

The prices are average, but with no shipping or tax it is good.

5# $59.99
10# 83.99
20# 97.99

Back