Which combo for SPS color?

Ratpack

I have a 6x54 T5 set up over my 75g. It sits about 5" off the water and about 12" or so from the first level of corals which are SPS. I am running Giesmann bulbs with 2 Actinic Blue + and three AquaBlue +. For the 6th bulb I have the option of another Actinic Blue + or a 10K bulb. Which should I use? Also, my full lighting period is 1pm to 8pm with the blues on 1 hour before and after. should this be longer or perhaps shorter?

I would personally be more tempted to try the KZ Fiji Purple-- it puts out very, very good PAR as well as a nice color.

Aside from that I would lean toward either a UVL Aquasun 10,000k or a UVL 50/50 Actinic White. Both are good PAR producers and also give off a good bit of red.

I think I may try something different when I need a new bulb, but for now should I go more blue or white for better color? That is the bulbs I have right now.

Combo of ATi Blue+ and Ati Aquablue Special cant be beat!

I have used the Ati Pro Color and I recommend that you stay awqay from it. It caused me nothing but issues.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14573302#post14573302 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SunnyX
Combo of ATi Blue+ and Ati Aquablue Special cant be beat!

I have used the Ati Pro Color and I recommend that you stay awqay from it. It caused me nothing but issues.

SunnyX,

What do you mean it caused you nothing but issues? I have been using one for a couple of months and have been happy so far.

-Mark

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14574981#post14574981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by swhaley40
I would run 3 actinic plus, 2 aquablues and a Fiji purple. Very niiiiice.

got a pic?

Alot of people have increased levels of red slime or algae growth with the pro colors. But Fiji Purple does the same thing as pro color, but it also makes your purples pop.

I m just using my pro color until its life is spent then switching to fiji purple.

Fiji Purple, 75/25 or Actinic White.
I've experimented with the Pro Color, much preferred the FP and 75/25 to pop reds and both have better PAR than the Pro Color.

Back