Which high par 250w SE mh bulbs are still available?

DavidinGA

I'm considering switching my leds over to 250w mh and was curious what mh bulbs are still available these days.

From a little bit of research it sounded like the Xm 10k 250w bulb would be perfect (high par and a crisp white w/ hint of blue color) but it appears they are discontinued....?

I'm looking for a 250w SE setup with high par for sps and a crisp white look (I've run 400w radiums in the past and I'm not a fan of the overly blue look). I would probably prefer to use an electronic ballast to maximize bulb life over hqi if possible too.

What's a solid bulb/ballast combo these days that are readily available?

Thanks for the help.

I had the SE 250w radiums on m80 ballasts and they were crisp white.
Had to add blue and actinic t5's to get it more blue.

Looks like the Blueline super white 10k bulbs have some serious par (almost up to the xm 10k level). I've never heard of them before though...thoughts?

Great price too, I would try it, if you like it order a half dozen of them while you can.

I quit shopping at Champion years ago, I just don't remember why.

Hamilton 10K is a good bulb. Bright white color.

When I used XM 10K is thought it was too yellow.

Sanjay tested the Hamilton 400 10K SE and the PAR was higher vs XM 400W 10K.

Hamilton 10K is a good bulb. Bright white color.

When I used XM 10K is thought it was too yellow.

Sanjay tested the Hamilton 400 10K SE and the PAR was higher vs XM 400W 10K.
The 250w tests showed the Hamilton 10k in the middle of the pack for performance.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/8024/MHS-02502405.html

Don't listen to the arguments about big name vs. "no name" bulbs. No you will not find a Sanjay write up on them (though i wish he would test them), nor any other proper info such as ppfd/par/lumens etc. but for $54 for three shipped to my house and the fact that I have been using them for years its a no brainier here. I burned the 400 watt 20k's on m59 for five years till recently, now 250 watt 20k's on m80. Bright and just about perfect.

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/8024/MHS-02502405.html

Don't listen to the arguments about big name vs. "no name" bulbs. No you will not find a Sanjay write up on them (though i wish he would test them), nor any other proper info such as ppfd/par/lumens etc. but for $54 for three shipped to my house and the fact that I have been using them for years its a no brainier here. I burned the 400 watt 20k's on m59 for five years till recently, now 250 watt 20k's on m80. Bright and just about perfect.

Might have just been mine but i got some of those and the color difference between each bulb was diff. One looked great and the other very yellow yet both were 14k bulbs. Ive also had a couple burn out in 6 months

Might have just been mine but i got some of those and the color difference between each bulb was diff. One looked great and the other very yellow yet both were 14k bulbs. Ive also had a couple burn out in 6 months

I have been through at least 16 of the 400 watters. Only one had a problem and it never lit. Got a replacement shipped free in a couple of days. The 250's that I just switched to have one out of three that is a tad bluer than the other two. I expect them to burn in and look the same by the end of the week. I pull them at 6 months if I remember but it is usually 8 or 9 months. Left a pair in for a year to "see" what happened. Never had one burn out, never had adverse effects on sps or any other organism. They are worth a try.

Back