White organism on glass and rocks after fish dies ?

Nate2005

my royal gramma is dead somewhere in the tank I just can't find him , is it possible for him to be shredded into bits by a power head ? and are these white spots harmful
93a75a38d2a762642b64034b13d26a0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very unlikely it got shredded into bits. Usually a fish gets sick and then sticks to the grill on power heads, occasionally making a bad choice and getting stuck to the grill.

If it didn't jump out of the tank, it is more likely to be under some rocks in process of being consumed by bristle worms in the back of the tank, etc. Always sad to lose a fish, so my heartfelt condolences for that.

As for the white organisms, are they moving?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

No the white organisms are just holding on the glass every time I scrape them off it comes back in about 5 to 10 minutes

I think it jumped out of the tank and my cat or dog probably ate it [emoji22] I'm making a mesh cover , any recommendations on how to make a diy mesh cover . Also ammonia is present but not bad about .1 to .25 . Could I take some of the rock out and look for him it's been almost a week so he could be decomposed already ? Thanks !

You shouldn't have any ammonia. That may be what killed it. How old is the tank and what are the parameters?

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but your "white organisms" may be flatworms/planaria. Whether or not they're a problem depends upon the species.

Kevin

it could just be my api test kit being old when I first tested it it said 8 ppm

and I think the cause was temp because my tank was accidentally unplugged for almost 24 hours by family

and I think the cause was temp because my tank was accidentally unplugged for almost 24 hours by family

your tank had power loss for 24 hours and only the heater was affected? If all your machines were without power for 24 hours, then that might have been what caused your fish to die.

Thanks for the feed back ig I got luck, a lot more could of died my guess is he was stressed and jumped out my tank into the mouth of my cat

Back