Why is everyone getting rid of their Vortechs?

I guess it is a matter of opinion...myself....I wouldn't waste the money on a Vortech...it can't even be angled...it is straight or nothing. I would rather save the money and be able to angle the Korellia's where ever I want.
Koralia's blow and shouldn't even be brought up in a conversation with VorTechs. The majority of people who complain about VorTech's have never even owned one. You'd be hard pressed to find a quality pump/controller combination for under $300. IMO you need at least 2 Tunzes (plus a controller) to do what 1 VorTech MP40 can do.

I'm not going to pretend that there aren't those out there who have had poor experiences with VorTech pumps. However, far more customers have been beyond satisfied. IMO you can't go wrong with Tunze or VorTech products. Both are top of the line with great customer service, so the premium they charge is well worth it.

That's just my .02.... take it or leave it. :)

I've owned two MP40s and sold them both.

The new tank is has a closed loop... the only thing more unobtrousive than a CL is a Vortech. The noise did bother me, but like all things, you get used to it pretty quickly and I didn't notice it. I had to have one repaired because it kept falling off. I had to have the other repaired from a faulty board.... Both times repairs were free, prompt and painless.

I highly recommend Closed Loops... If it's not an option, I high recommend Vortechs.. I've never owned tunze.

I agree with the poster that said "You couldn't pry them from my dead cold hands"

I have 5 going right now.

People from all over the world use vortechs and love them. As for seeing them being sold all the time... that is what the sell forum is. Everything is always being sold there. Singling vortechs out in a thread like this shows that there might have been some prior bias and its not just an observation.

Today it goes like this in the FS forum.
-Ice caps
-Korallian
-Used halides
-JBJ
-Solana
-Apex controller
-UV
-Deltec
-Pinpoint
-elos
-asm
-TUNZE
-AC3
-Koralias

Solana have way less product out there then vortech but there are two of them fs. Does this mean they are bad? No. Notice there are tunzes but not vortechs fs on the front page today. It means nothing.

I just set up an MP40. All I can say is WOW. I don't know why the flow is so broad but, it is unbelievable how the flow is everywhere in my tank. I could not be happier. That being said, reefkeeping is a hobby full of tinkerers. People trying the latest and greatest and then selling it for the flavor of the month.

I bought an mp20 for my 28g, instead of waiting for the mp10, but I'm floored with the waterflow and how I can have it cranked up to 90% and not worry about the corals I put near it.

Back