Would this be enough lighting?

Andrew

I found someone who is selling 2- 175 watt mh retro kits with everything included. Would this be enough lighting for a 75 mixed reef with some LSP but no PSP or clams. Just softies, zoos, muchrooms, and ect. I wanted to get 250 watt retros but would this be good enough? Should I wait to find dual 250 watt retro kits?

It would be enough but you need to make sure you will always be happy with the lighting that you get so as to not have to upgrade it again.

that lighting will let you keep all LPS, softies, and Montipora SPS & some other SPS, and any clams other than Maximas & Croceas(which if kept high, might work)-IMO

Well I may get it or I may look for anthor one because it comes with 6500k bulbs and I would have to replace the bulbs and that would be $100.

Yea, Ive been looking at the selling forums. PM me if you find any other ones that I dont catch. Ive seen 2 threads already about 175 watt retros. I want a blue looking but not lots of blue and not lots of white. More twards the blue side then the white side.

Depends on the time. I was just going to get a job this summer to get a couple hundred but right now I have $150 plus whatever my parents pitch in.

Re: Would this be enough lighting?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6511454#post6511454 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Andrew
ust softies, zoos, muchrooms,
Andrew Andrew Andrew how many times do I have to tell you that it is mushroom not muchroom ;) :D If you still have that link to the retro kits that I showed you then I think you would be much happier with those. Electronic ballast, and your choice of bulb for a low price.

$150 with 2 ballasts, 2 bulbs, and either single or dual reflectors for $150 is a hard find.....definitely going to need to buy used for that price.

Dwayne- That would be over $300 I dont have a jon. :D

If I got those retros use then I would have to replace the bulbs because they are 6500k and used and that would be $100 to replace those and then I could about buy a new unit for cheaper.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6511863#post6511863 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Andrew
Dwayne- That would be over $300 I dont have a jon. :D
Have some patients and buy one now and then buy the other one when you get the money. You will be much happier in the long run.

Im about to sell my ps2 and all the crap I got with it and all the games and make $150 on e-bay.

Im going to wait a few weeks and see what comes up on RC.

Back