Zooxanthellae Transplant for Bleached Anemones

125806892_2527128957586529_6252285592322419736_n.jpg

Due to illness unrelated to Covid plus Covid quarantine, I was unable to do much for my tank over a two year period, just to give it flake on an autofeeder and keep the topoff going. My RBTA anemone disappeared.

It reappeared when I started with a monster cleaning crew and a pattern of daily 10% water changes, and it looked like a small mushroom with a large 'foot'. Realizing it was not a mushroom but the missing nem with just two tiny dots of its former color on bumps that had been tentacles, I broke out an ancient bottle of Brightwell's amino acid for corals and also some ancient micro food and Coral Frenzy. Plus feeding frozen mysis for my fish. It wanders restlessly but exposes itself to high-up LED lighting, in the edge of shadow, and the bumps are now extending a tiny bit and the color has spread to 3 other areas of the rim of the disc. I have only been at this about 5 days. But it is improving. It is helped by being not a rescue from a store, but a nem acclimated to this tank. The two ocellaris clowns of course have always refused to have anything to do with it. I wish they would, but meh! clowns! Anyway, it may survive. Amazing what critters CAN survive given slowly advancing conditions. I am on water change 7 of 10 to try to recover this tank and it is immeasurably better.

Back