Z's upgrade build

Weather proof Remote control led strip. That is on 50% brightness. 100% is way to bright. Sump / refuge will have a 30" Finnex planted+ light for growing cheato.

well i finally have some time to update. So after being pressured by my neighbors to get the tank out of garage they offered some help one afternoon. I came in from work open garage and 5 minutes later 5 of us were ready for a work out (sorry i didn't take pictures but we need all our hands :). Most of all thank you all those who offered to move tank. Took 3 dollies and brute force but it was worth it. I qoute matt next door. "my kid will finish collage by the time you move that tank it". Rob and mike were kind enough to add to pressure :).

there is about 20 gallons here. As i write the i am at around 80 gallons. I have cleaned and rinsed off sand and it's ready to be added tomorrow. All electrical is complete (thanks mike janes on reefkeeper crash course). I will take more pictures of electrical. Next up on work is wiring up t5 and led. First time being off from work on call in almost a year.

sexy!

Looking good! The wait time for RO is crazy at that volume, I could not believe it took you 30 hours to get to the level when I saw it Sunday.

Update

Update

Thanks joe. It is slow. I really think I need a buster pump. I am at the half way point. Did a 15 min flush on ro last night

Looking good! The wait time for RO is crazy at that volume, I could not believe it took you 30 hours to get to the level when I saw it Sunday.

Manny thank you.

Would a 75 psi pump work? If so, ive got one you can use. I used it for my misting system, already set for 1/4 tubing.

Ro

Ro

Rob gauge readings was 50psi. I always knew I had low pressure but until today I had no clue how much water was not being produced. Special thanks to Joe (TheAquatect) for lending me his RO pump. Amazing difference.

Before pump:

After pump:

After adjusting it:

Pump off:

Pump on:

Still at 0 tds.

At this rate I should be full including sump by 6pm.
Hour test gauge to measure E.T.A

In short LF: RO pump and switch.

Well that pump is amazing tank is full. Salt added. Might not do sand as I like the black bottom so if anyone wants 300 pounds of sand brand new. Next up monitor levels and add Rock aquascaping. Still haven't touched lights. Looking for help to wire t5 and suggestions.

Well that pump is amazing tank is full. Salt added. Might not do sand as I like the black bottom so if anyone wants 300 pounds of sand brand new. Next up monitor levels and add Rock aquascaping. Still haven't touched lights. Looking for help to wire t5 and suggestions.

nice :), If you need any help wiring up the T5's, LMK, I don't have any opinions other than I run my LEDs and T5s for 8-9 hr a day and run blues very heavy. Everyone has their own "snake oil" so don't even want to join that opinion "fest" :).

mike

Lights.

Lights.

Mike, thanks I have try to fit canopy in my Mazda and head towards you. I wanna know your on opinion on blue snake oil :).

nice :), If you need any help wiring up the T5's, LMK, I don't have any opinions other than I run my LEDs and T5s for 8-9 hr a day and run blues very heavy. Everyone has their own "snake oil" so don't even want to join that opinion "fest" :).

mike

Sump and 50 gallon reservoir are now filled. Salt is also in. This weekend I plan to work on rock and still working on convincing wife on bare bottom.

Hoping I can get to mikes soon for lights. 2rw 15 are running on full waiting on Groupbuy order for 3 pp20 or 2 cross flows.

What are your light plans again Z? D120s and T5?

If so I would have the D120s in the middle with T5s on either side. That's what I've done on my downstairs tanks and the light spread is awesome this way.

Lights

Lights

What are your light plans again Z? D120s and T5?

If so I would have the D120s in the middle with T5s on either side. That's what I've done on my downstairs tanks and the light spread is awesome this way.

Aaron,

I was sure I had posted this at one point. Might have been on build thread v1.0 :).

Here is a current plan:

I really would love suggestions on schedule. I already got the bulbs and ballast just need to wire them.

Before 100% blue and 60% white. I don't think I will be running it that high this time around as this tank is 24 inch deep not 30.

Back