Z's upgrade build

Nice progress. I have never used the red pvc cement on pvc. I like the clear Comercial rated stuff, but u can't buy it at HD or lowes .

Z, I have been running two jebao return pumps for a year and have never had them reset to a faster speed than I set them. Occasionally one "sticks" and does not come back on, but I think that is because I run it at the slowest setting and it might get too much drag if it is dirty.

Wow. I love that sump setup Z. This is coming together very nice. I can't wait to see water in this thing.

Safir,

Thank you. I was hoping overflows could keep up. Good to know it can't go to 100%. I should test 1 at 100 and Leave the other at 60 and see what happens if one should jump to 100%

Any recommendations on a bulkhead strainer that is slip and not threaded for 1.5? Welcome DIY suggestions as well.

Joe the LED I got was from amazon. Color is coolwhite. Strip is 16feet long. I ordered a larger power supply and a remote kit. I can email exact parts. I had option of color changing but for sump I didn't see the need. It is outdoor weather rated. Lights cost about $24.

I'm thinking that the durso's would start to siphon at extended flow which would increase drain flow if pumps went wide open (Durso's typically are not run as a siphon). Definitely put two float switches in parallel in the overflow area for high level and use as a precaution for that condition if it ever happens. It's just a switch input on your controller.

Durso's only siphon when they don't get enough air. They suck down the overflow and then break once the water gets too low in the overflow. Then they repeat repeatedly. More small holes in the plug. I would not use caps. Caps stick up too far. Plus a flat plug is easier to drill multiple small holes in.
Its hard to tell from the pic Z but you dursos may be a little low. Causing more noise than you can stand. I would raise them until the water just rolls over with maybe an 1/8th inch of fall into the overflow. Just enough for mixing.

Thanks rob I will try to raise it. Not sure how. I also have a cover for overflow. All in all this tank is far quieter than my my 210. I only hear a suction once in a while. I can live with this.

Thanks a bunch. I will get it today and take pictures. I drained tank yesterday and used wet dry to suck up the rest. tank is dry so I can change return to loclines and work on durso.

I was able to test one pump at 100% setting and the other at 60% and overflow kept up. I have to be honest either I was use to the noise of my old 210 or I am going deaf :)

Z your dursos should be made out of 2 inch pvc if your bulkheads are 1.5 inch. Pipe underneath should probably be 2 inch as well. A little late to hear this now it seems.

Rob thank you for

20160609_223712_zpsgk5ensr8.jpg

Back