10,000 gal pool reef. 38,000 liters

VYLyxg2.jpg

Ok! Working with Imgur... here’s the excavation.

The dark zone is 6’-9’ deep where the geothermal pipes will go under the reef. It’s wet Houston black clay so that’s really good for cooling but terrible for structures. It’s why I’m using helical piles and a lot of rebar to structurally support the structures.

hKJ7MJS.jpg

3Uyx30a.jpg

e2Vgh0t.jpg

And the mountain after most of it has been hauled away

agja37W.jpg

And here’s the view from the plumbing trench

tntePek.jpg

And here’s the very expensive p-trap ($3500)

u6VbKNA.jpg

They had to dig 3’ horizontally under the slab and make a 3” hole through it to access... $1200 unexpected extra for that :(

Anyway... we’re getting close to squaring and leveling the floor!

:D

Started buying the material and realized that I don't have enough room around the massive crater I've created to store all of it.

Between back fill dirt, concrete, sand, gravel, wood, pvc .... I don't have enough remaining room to store it all without some major "juggling". I am using 1400' of 2" PVC pipe and 1700' of 0.5" rebar...

It's an interesting problem to have with potential rain coming...

Hey I lease portable storage units in DFW area that we can drop 8x20' container in drive way if it's HOA approved :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started buying the material and realized that I don't have enough room around the massive crater I've created to store all of it.

Between back fill dirt, concrete, sand, gravel, wood, pvc .... I don't have enough remaining room to store it all without some major "juggling". I am using 1400' of 2" PVC pipe and 1700' of 0.5" rebar...

It's an interesting problem to have with potential rain coming...

Karim, you can borrow my backyard and garage (1 space) if you want, it's in McKinney near Custer and Virginia

It's happening!! Been looking forward to this for a long time. Great to see it in progress, Karim! Very exciting!

Appreciate the offer but the logistics of moving tons of material are just as daunting! Thank you though. :beer:

Sure, keep in mind I can help on whatever you need, just let me know in advance to organize with my wife and 3 kids busy life :lolspin:

Right now, I’m struggling with the mountain of earth that I need to spread out and flatten.

Nothing really fun happening yet. :)

2njlQgr.jpg

rp4ErEh.jpg

qIUqPKi.jpg

iiuXpd3.jpg

Sp69ter.jpg

z3HONfA.jpg

Geothermal deep hole mostly done

I may need some help putting the cooling pipes together actually. I get the PVC on Wednesday. It’s 1000’ of pipe.

The plumbing fixtures are delayed till Wednesday but yesterday was “eventful”

The helical piles went in... I’m in Dallas and we have Houston black clay that heaves and cracks foundations so the piles tie the rebar in the floor to the rock deep underneath. 12 piles at $500 each...

rgi1hSX.jpg

PSH8kyb.jpg

oLrJSxj.jpg

Then the 100A external sub panel went in (~$1100)

IESdKf0.jpg

Rain was coming so I attempted to tarp it but they had overdug by a couple of feet...

NezqlvR.jpg

That’s a 30’ x 40’ tarp and it couldn’t handle the wind. It started to snap and I took it down. I know how to do it better now but it was hard to do as it was and I was running out of time.

Back