1000 Gallon Build- Here we go- Lots of Pictures

i started with 5 Blue Chromis and now have only two which are kind of behaving. One is larger and definitely picks on the smaller one from time to time.
My favourite fish but a bit scared to add more to the tank if they are going to kill each other.
Anyway ... back to Socaltoaz awesome build thread :cool:

Been following this thread since day 1, decided to finally make an account. Truly been a pressure following your house and tank get pieced together.

I have read from others that Chromis are really prone to killing each other off. The best chance of keeping the numbers up is to add them to an already stocked tank. Then they will keep their numbers up and will not fight each other off.

So does anyone have any experience with Multiple chromis? :deadhorse::wave::bum::crazy1::beer:

I have 13 in my tank and they don't bother any other fish or each other. There is one that is huge, about two inches long and the others are smaller but they were all the same size when I bought them.

So does anyone have any experience with Multiple chromis? :deadhorse::wave::bum::crazy1::beer:

I have had eight blue chromis in my tank for over six months without a fatality. They were the last fish introduced to the tank and all placed in the tank at the same time. Tank is 180 gallons.

Other tank inhabitants:
Yellow Tang
Chocolate Tang
Diamond Goby
2 Wrasse
2 Trigger

In what time frame have others seen chromis start killing each other off?

i started with 5 Blue Chromis and now have only two which are kind of behaving. One is larger and definitely picks on the smaller one from time to time.
My favourite fish but a bit scared to add more to the tank if they are going to kill each other.
Anyway ... back to Socaltoaz awesome build thread :cool:
It took me 16 of the to finally end up with 4 that get along. 4 been together for 6 months now.

1000 Gallon Build- Here we go- Lots of Pictures

I see the Chromis sarcasm wasn't picked up. Awesome tank, incredible house! Let's get some more photos and videos up in here!

Always start the video with your phone Sideways and keep it that way. See what shifting while recording does? Nice angel

I had 12 now it's down to 8 after 6 months but the small one has no tail but still hanging in there with the group

So I'm in my fish room cleaning out my filter socks and guess what I found- a blue chromis. That makes 5 times I've found one of the smaller ones in the filter. These buggers don't kill themselves- they are so stupid that they keep going down the damn overflow. Hopefully no more. Enjoying the evening watching tv from the couch and loving my tank.
b40f02a2db74775954dd1fd6b4f0b2ff.jpg

Back