25g SPS (too many pics...is that possible?)

LiveRock27: I forgot to mention that I have noticed that some Acros didn't color up so well until I brought them farther up on the rock structure. That could have been just bad placement choice on my part, or it may be that I don't have enough lighting for them. Then again, corals don't always color up until they've been in the tank for a while. All I know is that the clams love it! :)

Anyway, with all the T5's you're placing in the canopy, I would imagine that a 150w would be great for you. I would still lean towards the Phoenix bulb and run at least one 10,000-18,000k T5 instead of all actinics. I think you'd be happy with that setup.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12272139#post12272139 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kaserpick
LiveRock27: I forgot to mention that I have noticed that some Acros didn't color up so well until I brought them farther up on the rock structure. That could have been just bad placement choice on my part, or it may be that I don't have enough lighting for them. Then again, corals don't always color up until they've been in the tank for a while. All I know is that the clams love it! :)

Anyway, with all the T5's you're placing in the canopy, I would imagine that a 150w would be great for you. I would still lean towards the Phoenix bulb and run at least one 10,000-18,000k T5 instead of all actinics. I think you'd be happy with that setup.

Thanks for the suggestions on the MH and T5 bulbs. I am hoping to finish the canopy and stand early this week so I can start on the lights. Looking forward to seeing some more pictures of the setup.

Sorry for the delay all; the pics will have to wait until Saturday. I've been looking at Glass Cages for my next tank. Does anyone have any feed back on their tanks? I think the rimless ones look amazing! Pics to come...

No first hand experience, but a neighbor of mine has a 90g three sided starfire glass cube from GC and it is very well made and looks great. The only complaint I have ever heard from members of my reef club is sometimes the seems can have bubbles in them.

Thanks for the feed back on the GC tank LiveRock27. My girlfriend actually bought a 65 AGA with the overflow on the very end of the tank so I can still keep the same theme. It'll arrive at the store in a few weeks; I'm stoked. I've been thinking about using two Hamilton Reefstar 250w DE pendants w/ Phoenix bulbs. Anyone have any experience with these pendants?

Leeweber85: Thanks for the compliment!

So after researching more, I think I might go with two Lumenarc 3 Stealth DE pendants.

Anyway, I've decided to frag a few of the corals in the tank, namely, the green and orange caps and the purple digi. Here's a shot of the frags; I'll be keeping them and rack in the tank only long enough for them to form a base. I was a little nervous cutting them! :)

100_1459.jpg

The T. Crocea wasn't too happy with me since I had to play around with his location until I was sure he was receiving enough light and not too much flow. As you can see in the last pic, his mantle didn't like the positioning at first.

Nice job fraging there once you get used to it its not bad. Pretty soon you will be fragin all the time lol. Nic lookin stuff.

Thanks for the compliment Volcom69. I hope I do start fragging a lot more; I seriously need to invest in some better cutters. :)

Back